Skip to content

Release date confusion...

Looking through Twitter, I see that Trent Oster posted on Oct.22 that they are "targeting November 28". The announcement of the postponement says November. At this point, thats fine, November, they meant end of November, either way no worries.

However, the beamdog page says November 30.

My question is: When is the actual release date? Is there potential for another postponement?

Thanks for any responses.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    End of November is all that is confirmed I believe.
    There is a potential for another postponement I'd guess, but I would consider it much more unlikely now that we have already had one (and a big one at that)
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    The November 28 is meant to be an "early release" that they are aiming for.. They have stated there will NOT be another postponement, and that it will be released Nov. 30th at the latest.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    stygga said:

The November 28 is meant to be an "early release" that they are aiming for.. They have stated there will NOT be another postponement, and that it will be released Nov. 30th at the latest.

Hadn't seen them state that there will not be another, thanks for letting me know.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I believe Trent's exact words were "come hell or high water." :)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    The PC version will be no later than November 28th. The iPad and Mac versions will be sometimes around the end of November, as the developers have no control over the Apple validation process speed, so they are unable to give an exact date.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I think I remember reading somewhere in the "Ship Date Delay" thread that the slight ambiguity in the release date was just them leaving the it open for potentially shipping early.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Save vs. Breath Attack: Failure
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    'Hell or High Water' comes all the time. Until I've downloaded and run the program, I'm not counting any chickens (not even Mellicamp). The net effect will be nil, so far as BG:EE is concerned. BG2:EE probably won't get a pre-order from me, though. I know that tish happens, but get irate with the provider of any product or service that I purchase from with a set delivery date - I'm pretty equal opportunity in that respect.