Skip to content

Any way to modify Charname's Alignment during a saved game?

Hello! I just started a new run (BG1-SoD-BG2) this week and I made the same stupid mistake as I did last time about alignment with some weapons I planned on using for a long time. My charname is evil, I killed Drizzt and had put points into Scimetars and planned on using them on this character for a big part of the series.

Unfortunately, one of the 2 Scimetars from him requires a different alignment. Last time, when I made this mistake, it was on a secondary party member (a Blade) so I didn't like it but I was able to make a new copy of her by messing around with Multiplayer and then fixing the stats/spells back like the original one with CLUA Console codes.

This time around, the problem I have is that it's my Charname so I cannot kick him from the party and import a new one to replace him.

I looked into EE keeper and downloaded it but haven't installed it yet (I have SCS installed but I think I can install EE keeper over it still?). However, from what I understand, I think you can only change those things on exported character files in order to import them back (which still couldn't work for me as stated above).

1- Is it possible to change my alignment on Charname using EE Keeper without having to restart the playthrough all over?

2- Otherwise, is there a "simple" way that I can change the specific scimetar file to remove the alignment req?

I'm trying to think of solutions. I'd rather not have to start the playthrough from scratch as it'd take me a long time to reimport all of my gear and unlock all of the map areas again. Else I can give up on using this 2nd weapon but the whole point of my build was to use those through BG1/SoD and even possibly a fair part of BG2 until Belm and other better weapons (CLUA console if needed as I sure earned them after that fight vs Drizzt with lvl 4-5 party on SCS tactical : P).

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Neo wrote: »
    1- Is it possible to change my alignment on Charname using EE Keeper without having to restart the playthrough all over?

Perfectly possible. It's the saved game that you will edit - no need to export your character and no problem in using EE Keeper on a modded installation.
  • NeoNeo Member Posts: 127
    edited May 2020
    Thanks, I'll try to look into this then
    (Edit: It was very easy after all, I just read a bunch of people having trouble running it so I thought it would be complicated)
    Post edited by Neo on
  • MetadoneMetadone Member Posts: 6
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Neo wrote: »

Perfectly possible. It's the saved game that you will edit - no need to export your character and no problem in using EE Keeper on a modded installation.

Indeed. From the top of my head, once you are on a character in EEKeeper, it's on the second tab (where you can adjust class, reputation, sprite, etc).