Skip to content

How to dualclass properly

Hello,

i have played this game a lot but never dualclassed. I have some issues with it and i need help guys.

Im playing with my mate, we both are lvl 9, im kensai (for now, want to go dual mage) and he is clerik (he wants to go to dual mage too).

I have read a lot of posts, that the best way is to dualclass at lvl 9 or 13... and thats ok, but here the pain in ass goes. Right after i go dual, i cant use my two katanas, and i have only few lvl1 spells as mage avalaible.

As soon as we play only in two, our chars are super weak and we cant do pretty anything at that stage at the game.

So whats the solution to this, and when we can use our both classes (with weapons) ? whats the trick ? gain another lvl as warrior or what ?

many many many thanks for answers

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Why not dual at different times? For instance you could dual at level 9, meaning you would need 250k XP to get to mage 10 and regain your abilities - and the availability of cleric spells and summons should make that relatively easily. Your friend would need 225k to go from cleric level 9 to 10, so could dual at level 10 once you'd got your abilities back - and could thus carry him through his early mage levels.

If you don't fancy that approach there is a fairly easy alternative. For any character wishing to dual, you can make it easier by undertaking a few quests, but not reporting to get the final reward. That allows you to almost instantly jump to a decent level after dualling. For characters dualling to mage there's also huge amounts of XP available by learning spells - if you're careful to save/buy scrolls, you could get enough XP by doing that to regain your abilities without doing any more work at all.
  • kvetokveto Member Posts: 2
    ok, from my understanding, ill be able to use katanas, and warrior bonuses once i get the same level with dual class, which means, if im 9lvl kensai, ill be able to use katanas after dualing the mage at 9lvl too ?

one more question, if i get exp for next lvl, but not spending that experience for acually getting lvl, instead dualclass, can i spend the untaken experience points to dual class ?

thx for reply
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    You need one more level in your new class, i.e. you won't get kensai abilities back until mage level 10 in your case.

Any excess XP is lost at the point you dual. You may still wish to do that of course as it means it's easier to get the lower level required in your new class to get inactive abilities back.