Skip to content

Does reaction adjustment offset two-handed penalty?

Hi - I was just reading on Planet Baldur's gate (here: http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg2/character/classes/tables/styles.shtml ) that for two weapon fighting the penalties for this are " offset by the character's reaction adjustment for high Dexterity" - is this actually true? I think from my experience that this is *not* the case, but could someone confirm? Thanks

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Also, was wondering what other things the Dex-based reaction adjustment affects (or not) - does it combine with the base weapon speed and a dice roll to work out who attacks first in combat? Does this apply to both melee and missile combat? Does this apply to casting times too?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited October 2012
    No, dexterity doesn't affect the hitrolls for two weapon fighting. Also the penalties for dual wielding with zero pips in the two weapon fighting skill are greater than what that page says - I believe it's -4 main hand and -8 offhand.

Dexterity does affect AC, thac0 with ranged weapons and reaction time/speed factor - you can see a table at http://www.playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Races_and_Stats#Dexterity - no stat will affect casting time, you need items to provide that bonus (or edit it in yourself).
    Oxford_Guyginger_hammer
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Thanks for clarifying @Shin I think my experience with BG would concur with your conclusions, but wanted to make sure
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited October 2012
    I wish there was a dexterity check when ... laying ... with Viconia. It would be like a dex-off ... that would be come crazy sexy times.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643

I wish there was a dexterity check when ... laying ... with Viconia. It would be like a dex-off ... that would be come crazy sexy times.

Try Match.com
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660

Try Match.com
    No one will touch you once you bring up the elf ears and body paint.

Err....

hehehe
    Oxford_Guy