Skip to content

Players can't level/ Spellbook seems broken

We've run into a few bugs today so if any of you have experienced this and have some advice on how to fix I would appreciate it.

1. Players cannot level up. For some reason despite gathering enough xp and than going through picking skills and everything the last okay button does not engage. Thusly, they don't actually level.
2. Players spellbook is allowing the choice of higher level spells to memorize when they are not the appropriate levels.

Comments

• MagicMasterMagicMaster Member Posts: 20
    In additon to 2. -->

After picking these higher level spells to memorize they are not actually memorized after resting as well.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Is your override folder empty?
  • mlkent22mlkent22 Member Posts: 41
    There is probably an error in the PW on level event script.
  • SeeroSeero Member Posts: 9
    Override folder is empty.

In regards to the level up event script, I'm using the script provided with the game. No changes. Is there another script I should be using?

Also this has started happening...n8shpqjmgkxt.png
    a4f23yabuisu.png
    Using this as a bit of a bug log as I work through this.

While testing I discovered that when running the nwserver.exe and logging in as a player that I was still unable to level. Clicking the ok at end of level doesn't engage.

When I did not run off the nwserver and instead hosted the server as a player, I was able to level the character.

A twisted web of confusion.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I wouldn't bother chasing down scripts either. They fire after level up, they don't provide GUI interaction, that would be a breakthrough if they did.

In general what you see is determined by the values and references set in 2da and tlk files. So usually it's because of conflicting overrides (this is why using overrides is a bad idea for pw's) or by mistakes in haks. Since you say that the module works fine when it's single player I assume that it's not a hak issue either.

I don't know much about your server or how the server application communicates exactly, but hypothetically I would guess the information could be disrupted as it gets sent to the client. Have you tried hosting and connecting from other locations/networks?
  • MagicMasterMagicMaster Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2020
    @Seero

I tried your PW again, and now i can level up without problems and this messed-up spellbook is corrected now too, that means whatever you did you did the right things now.
    Got some help sorting out the issues and than took some time to fix some bugs I found in the server. I'm relaunching tonight.