Skip to content

EE Server - Scripts and conversations are not firing

echooechoo Member Posts: 43
edited June 2020 in Technical Support
Every so often my server "freezes." I can log in as usual, but scripts and convos do not run.

Is this a known issue?

Running the steam version on win10. Current stable patch.
Post edited by echoo on

Comments

• echooechoo Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2020
    I'm still having this strange problem rarely. Scripts and conversations won't fire. The only solution I know of is to restart the server. It doesn't matter which module I have loaded.

Could it be something wrong with my EE install? I tried verifying all files w/ steam.
    Post edited by echoo on
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    If you open your module in toolset, how many files are in the temp0 folder? If there are more than 16k files, you hit a given limit. That can result in stopping the modules contents like scripts or conversations...
    Solution: Move some of your content to haks. For example, content that won't change often.
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    I run my server off my personal PC this being said I play on this PC also.

I have noticed that if I start my server and then test a module even if it is unrelated to my server, this action will result in causing scripts to not fire on my server (conversations will stop, and some things start to not spawn are the most noticeable).

I just have to reset my server to fix.

The only issue I have with this is I can't test my module with my server running anymore.

oddly I can play on other servers while my server is running and it causes no issues.

echoo
  • echooechoo Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2020
    I also ran multiple instances of nwserver while working on my module, Quilistan. So what you described is probably the same issue I'm having.

I started using a linux virtual machine recently for my main server instance (instead of a test server and main server on the same OS), and I haven't seen this problem return yet.
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    @Quilistan If you want to test this way, you should edit your settings.tml or nwplayer.ini... Don't know where, but you can specify the port the server should use and which one the client uses. If those ports were the same, this was my problem, what caused problems while connecting.