Skip to content

SCS: Keep NPCs from fighting/leaving?

I have SCS installed. I want to install a mod that prevents NPCs from fighting and leaving.

What is the mod and can I install it now with SCS already installed? (I know order matters).

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Tweaks Anthology/CDTweaks has such a component. But SCS needs to be the last mod installed in most order lists. You will have to re-do it or risk breaking some things.
  • fncruzfncruz Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2020
    Ok I got it!

Thanks!
    Post edited by fncruz on
  • fncruzfncruz Member Posts: 28
    Actually, I have re-installed the game with CDTweaks and then SCS but when I go to my save game as soon as I rest Korgan forces Aerie to leave.

The CDTweaks did not prevent this.

Is it possible that this is in the save game and the mod can't prevent Aerie leaving?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its because your game is already in progress. The mod can't affect characters that have already been loaded in by the game.
    Most of the time, you can't change mods around mid game, as either the mod won't work, or things in the game will just break. You'll need to start a new game.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited July 2020
    Most of the pieces involved in making NPCs leave or fight each other actually can be hotfixed; they're not elements that are included in the save. On the other hand, dialogue files are part of it. If the mod plays smart and dummies out the relevant pieces by changing the trigger conditions, everything's good. If it does something else, that might break games in progress.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    SCS probably (no promises!) won't care if you install this particular CDtweaks component after it.