Skip to content

Sandrah Saga install help please

MacSatanMacSatan Member Posts: 16
I have been having issues getting this MOD to install, performed a clean install of each of the three games from BeamDog, created a quick save game for each and installed the games in a folder on the C:, not in applications. Nothing but failures. I have been working with Roxanne on this issue the past couple of days and she informs me that in order to perform the install I need

you want to use the BGEE with SoD version from beamdog

Which I read as a BGEE installer that installs both at one time. I have looked on BeamDog's site and can no such option, maybe the only one I saw was the Collectors box.

has anyone using the BeamDog client, which seems the only way to download and install the games, been able to install this MOD? If so would you mind helping me out?

Comments

• NiziNiziNiziNizi Member Posts: 70
    She told you properly, seems like you did not understand. I will try to explain and help, it is simple.

You have to purchase BG2EE, from BeamDog. Also, you need Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, from BeamDog. When you purchase these games, you simply make install with BeamDog Client.

Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear already contain BG1EE.

Keep in mind, I did not ever (if we exclude games before EE, but it is not now important) used anything but BeamDog version, so I have no idea about others.

Install games in default directory - USER/BeamDog Library/

Than, copy games on some other directory (but also keep games in default directory). Because, if games get updated, it can corrupt your install of modded game. So you want to have clean game copy ready in default directory, and copy it in some other directory which you will use for EET install. And, if anything go wrong with modded game install, and you have to delete it completely, you still have clean games ready to copy again in default dir.

Download Install Tool, and run Update EE Mod Setup file. Choose language, than Baldurs Gate 2: EE / EET. After that, you have to link directories. It is very simple and you can't go wrong. Remember, you link games from directory you did copy game into, not default directory. So, for BG1 selection, you use SoD, which folder should be 00806. For BG2 selection, use 00783.

00806 is SoD and BG1EE.
    00783 is BG2EE.

Pay attention below on Choose mods and components. As I know, for Sandrah mod, you need all components from Sandrah mod selected, to work properly.

If you encounter any problems, or even need advices on mods selection, be free to contact me.
    Sometimes, when downloading many mods and components it can happen that Install Tool report some of them as unable to download (I'm not saying Install Tool is bugged, far from that, just sometimes this can happen), if that happen, don't panic, worst which can happen is that you need to start again install (if you do not want to skip any mods you selected), contact me and I will let you know few little tricks to reduce wasting time on that and speed up installation.
    For Sandrah Saga walkthrough however, if you need advices and help, it is best to ask Roxanne.
  • NiziNiziNiziNizi Member Posts: 70
    I think I figured out where mistake was made, as I noticed now your profile at Baldurs Extended Forum and your thread there, and I had read your discussion with Roxanne, including screenshoots you provided.

So I made detailed post there, where I explained everything.

Try that and lets see if it is going to work out properly - I see no reason why it would not, I made ton of such installs without problem, exactly by the way I explained there.