Skip to content

[SoU] Dorna Trapspringer's Dual-Wield feat is still not working

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
Like an old thread addressed, Dorna Trapspringer's Dual-Wield feat is not working. Currently, when she is dual-wielding, she still incorrectly gets -4 penalties to attack rolls to both hands. That feat of hers needs to be replaced with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat so that she correctly gets only -2 penalties to attack rolls to both hands while dual-wielding.

I think her having the Dual-Wield feat instead of having the Two-Weapon Fighting feat probably is an oversight. But I still need a confirmation about that. Could a developer please come to confirm that it is an oversight so that we can go ahead and fix it now by using console commands or other tools?
Post edited by Ian579 on

Comments

• Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    edited July 2020
    You are right that Dorna really shouldn't have dual-wield since its a ranger feat, but it's what she has in the game, so my question is... is Dorna wearing Light armor? Because if she's wearing medium or heavy she won't benefit from Dual-Wield.

Dual-Wield
    Type of Feat: Class
    Prerequisite: Ranger level 1.
    Specifics: Rangers, when wearing light armor, get all the benefits of having the ambidexterity and two-weapon fighting feats. While wearing medium or heavy armor they lose these benefits.
    Use: Automatic..

I would imagine the feat should work so long as Dorna is wearing light armor. If it doesn't work even in light armor then there may be some coding that prevents the feat from working if you don't actually have any ranger levels (which Dorna does not).
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited July 2020
    @Nic_Mercy She is wearing light armor. Because she also has the Ambidexterity feat, my assumption is that the developer who was responsible for this implementation confused the Duel-Wield feat with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. If Dorna's Duel-Wield feat is implemented intentionally, she would not need the Ambidexterity feat at all.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    edited July 2020
    Ian579 wrote: »
    @Nic_Mercy She is wearing light armor. Because she also has the Ambidexterity feat, my assumption is that the developer who was responsible for this implementation confused the Duel-Wield feat with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. If Dorna's Duel-Wield feat is implemented intentionally, she would not need the Ambidexterity feat at all.

You are correct. After testing in a module with dual-wield as a bonus feat on gloves... it does seem that having the feat does nothing without actually having any Ranger levels. So Dorna does indeed need to be fixed. This should likely be reported as a bug for Beamdog to fix. Either by making the feat work even without ranger levels or replacing the feat on Dorna with Two-Weapon Fighting.
    Post edited by Nic_Mercy on
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited July 2020
    @Nic_Mercy Thanks for helping test it. I'll report it then.