Skip to content

Artisan's Kitpack help

Lysandroth390Lysandroth390 Member Posts: 40
Hey everyone! So, I'm thinking about installing the Artisan's Kitpack, but I have one question: If I use one of the mod's kits and import a sabe game from Baldur's Gate 1 to 2, does It works? Or I have to create a new game in Baldur's Gate 2?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Okay, so under normal circumstances, no, modded kits don't transfer cleanly.

What you have to do is take the imported .chr file and open it with EEKeeper and manually set the kit before starting a BG2 game. Then it'll work fine.
    Lysandroth390
  • Lysandroth390Lysandroth390 Member Posts: 40
    AionZ wrote: »
    Okay, so under normal circumstances, no, modded kits don't transfer cleanly.

What you have to do is take the imported .chr file and open it with EEKeeper and manually set the kit before starting a BG2 game. Then it'll work fine.

Oh my god, the actuall author answered me, thank you! Hey don't want to take advantage or anything, but since you're here, is there a way tô have only the new kits and not the changes in npcs and companions?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Kits for NPCs are optional (Minsc is the semi-exception, his unique berserker kit is for him only)
    Lysandroth390
  • Lysandroth390Lysandroth390 Member Posts: 40
    AionZ wrote: »
    Kits for NPCs are optional (Minsc is the semi-exception, his unique berserker kit is for him only)

Great! I like Imoen as thief only. Thank you a lot for the help