Skip to content

NWN EE Sound issue

kaitenkaiten Member Posts: 19
Hello !
I have the the NWN EE on GoG and I have a strange sound problem with the game. Eveything in the game is extremely quiet - like voices, spell effects etc. The only thing that has a normal sound is the ingame music / outside the game in the menus the music sound is still quiet/. I have the sound option for voices set to 100%, sound effects to 90% . I haven't had such problem in any other game / the diamond edition is fine too/. Playing on win 10 /Realtek ALC892/. Any suggestions how can I fix this ?

Comments

• DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    I am not an expert on this subject but check for updated drivers. Also try different sound settings.
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    edited July 2020
    I don't know if you fixed this, but this sounds like you might have accidentally changed your 2d/3d bias (for surround sound people) TOWARDS 2d, which makes 3d sounds (stuff coming from places in the area you're in) very quiet, so that you can hear 2d sounds (narration, music, menu clicks, inventory noises) very clearly.

Some people turn this "down" (all the way to one side?) not realizing it's a balance between one and the other, and that normal is somewhere in the middle. I think the default setting is about 30% 70%, being slightly favoring to the left (2d).

When in doubt about drivers etc, it's always a good idea to hide/remove your settings.tml for a minute, and re-launch the game to see if the problem goes away. Comparing it to NWN Diamond edition isn't useful because they use two different settings files. You could turn off skyboxes in EE and leave them on in Diamond, and then think EE broke skyboxes.
    Post edited by Symphony on