Skip to content

Death before a save

I was having very fun, playing Baldur's Gate. Running about doing noble work. I finally decided to go ahead with the main story, it went great! Until I got further down in the Nashkel Mines. Having just killed a band of Kobolds. I recuperated and continued, only to walk on a trap with my main character and die. While all of this was happening everyone was pretty much at the door. My game loaded the next level and my character was dead.

TLDR: The game autosaved when my character was dead.

I have one save, one that is a couple of hours behind, I'd rather figure out something with my current save if possible. I am willing to fiddle with the save if necessary.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you are playing the game on PC you can get EE keeper and use it to adjust your character's HP so that your character will not be dead once your game file loads
  • BalthyBalthy Member Posts: 2
    I figured it out! Thank you for commenting. I tried to simply change the HP, but that didn't work, I looked around thinking that there had to be a way, found out you have to change the characters state from dead to normal.