Skip to content

Editing Area map help

Hey i was wondering if there are tools to edit maps? i tried using the IE Tileset and tried to put creatures into the De'arnise keep after id conquered it but all i get are blue tiles and minus my edited creatures. Im trying to edit that keep because it feels awfully empty for a Stronghold and want to put some De'arnise soldiers here and there (Indoors and Outdoors). Can someone please show me the ropes on how to add creatures with this or other editor or just edit the map and send it to me? Thank you.

Comments

• GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Which game? I mean BG2:EE or BG2?
  • sungjem117sungjem117 Member Posts: 6
    @Gwendolyne im talking about BG2 EE. im currently playing it both on my android and PC and i have tried spawning npc guards through cheats but they end up going to the end of the map even if i change their characteristics and stats etc.
    @Gwendolyne is there a way to add De'arnise soldiers here and there in the map? i tried to edit the area after its rid of those trolls (AR1304 AR1307 etc) through the IE tileset but somehow the map gets broken with the terrain removed and the absence of the added actors. the De'arnise keep looks Very Empty and i just wish there was a way to add soldiers or someone could do it.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    IETME is a very old tool made many years before EE releases. As a modder concerned with mod compatibility, I modify this kind of things with WeiDU. But as a player, you should use NearInfinity. Add new actors with the Edit tab and check their locations with the View Area button.
    @Gwendolyne hey thank you. Ill look into nearinfinity and Weidu too.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the thing also is that pretty much no matter how you edit de'arnise hold it will not show up in your game, your save game saves the game as it is now, so unless you can somehow actually edit your saved game, it will not come up in your game

although, anything you edit now will show up in later play throughs of the game if you plan on playing again
    @sarevok57 i managed to edit the areas and for the map to work you have to play it before De'arnise is saved or RIGHT BEFORE its saved. i now have random soldiers all over, some dryads in the indoor garden and some peasants outdoors... if you want then i can give you the override folder. i provided the captain with a helmet and edited the soldiers' helmets too so that they dont look like they're wearing a decoration helmet lol
    @sarevok57 i think i should have used the male soldier KPSOLD08 or KPSOLD05 but anyhow it works like a charm and i love it . Thank you @Gwendolyne