Skip to content

PS4 patch? PS:T is completely broken

Is there a patch coming soon/in the works for the PS4 edition of PS:T?
The game is completely broken and unplayable in its current state on PS4. The disappearance of text, graphic noise text replacement, and constantly crashing to the blue error screen are way beyond acceptable. I’ve filed two error reports, and I know many other people experiencing the same issues have as well and I have not seen any updates on the state of the game.
Please let customers and fans know what’s going on, this was a $50 dollar purchase, and at the moment it’s completely broken.
Looking forward to hearing about updates, please don’t let us down Beamdog.
JuliusBorisovChrelinmonicoAedan

Comments

• The_craig1986The_craig1986 Member Posts: 4
    My copy of PS:T is completely unplayable at this point. The last update i got was "Before we commit to any patch work on consoles, we need to evaluate all the feedback and all the reports. "
    I don't have much hope that the game will be patched any time soon. Really feel like I just gave my money away for nothing.
    Icewind dale is fun but it's not really what i wanted the bundle for.
  • Gamey_JamieGamey_Jamie Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2020
    This comes as sad news. Have just started a playthrough so I can only hope that I avoid the bugs you've come across or its patched by the time I get to them.

**Update** turns out I'm not immune from the glitches either. Game crashed when I try to sell items with the traders in the market. Have taken the advice on here and logged a fault. Fingers crossed for a patch asap because this should have really been picked up during playtesting surely? I'm only an hour or so into the game.
    Post edited by Gamey_Jamie on
  • ChrelinChrelin Member Posts: 2
    I only play games on playstation and have been looking forward to Planescape Torment on PS4 for ages. Got the game in the mail today. The inventory button doesnt work. This was my favourite game on pc back in the day. I seriously almost cried when it didnt work and im a grown man with a full beard. Please fix this bug asap. My life depends on it. (I even got the ultimate collectors box with the Morte squishy!)
    Gamey_JamieMr_O
  • BlackwaterjackoBlackwaterjacko Member Posts: 1
    This text glitch is making the game unplayable on PS4. I played it on my phone and didn’t have any of these problems. Please fix this
  • ProsiaqProsiaq Member Posts: 2
    This is just ridiculous - disappearing text, crashes, empty journal... And it's been already few months since the last patch was added, so I guess there won't be any new one coming. WORST PORT EVER.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Prosiaq wrote: »
    This is just ridiculous - disappearing text, crashes, empty journal... And it's been already few months since the last patch was added, so I guess there won't be any new one coming. WORST PORT EVER.

Yes, disappearing text and crashes are very annoying, but you can still play the game (they seem to happen only during/after visiting shops). However, empty journal is something totally unacceptable for me as it is big part of the game.
    What language version are you playing? I've changed PS4 language from Polish to English and I was able to see the journal, so it's there. But that's not a solution, when I changed back to Polish, the journal was gone again (although I was able to move the scrollbar like the text was there but invisible).
    jgo
    Mr_O wrote: »
    Prosiaq wrote: »

Yes, disappearing text and crashes are very annoying, but you can still play the game (they seem to happen only during/after visiting shops). However, empty journal is something totally unacceptable for me as it is big part of the game.
    What language version are you playing? I've changed PS4 language from Polish to English and I was able to see the journal, so it's there. But that's not a solution, when I changed back to Polish, the journal was gone again (although I was able to move the scrollbar like the text was there but invisible).

My disappearing text happens within 10 minutes of playing no matter what I do.
    The game also crashes when I go into certain buildings.

I'm so disappointed that this isn't getting patched.
    I was really enjoying the game before it broke.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member Posts: 2
    To whoever is reading this thread and not reported a bug yet, please do it here: https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/7
  • fIreChuckErfIreChuckEr Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    Same issue, disappearing text, text glitches, and graphics glitches. Now I unable to save the game anymore. The autosave disappeared, and when I try to save the game crashes. The game is currently in an unplayable state. And I didn't necessarily have to visit a shop, sometimes I would start the game, and it would randomly crash 10 minutes later. Seeing as this has been an ongoing problem, and there have been no updates to the game for over 8 months, I guess the developer does not seem interested in fixing issue. I'll just throw this on the junk game pile. Glad I did not pay full price for this.
  • Gamey_JamieGamey_Jamie Member Posts: 22
    Is there anything else we can do? I've raised tickets like many have. I've tweeted Beamdog and obvs this thread is open as are many more flagging the issues. It surely can't be acceptable to just write the game off once it's been released? Is there anything else we can do to get some sort of fix? Even if they just said it's so broken we don't know how to fix it at least I'd have some closure haha!
    Glaciaruz
  • ChrelinChrelin Member Posts: 2
    So i found a fix for my game-breakens bug at least. I Couldnt access the menus with r2 or l2 buttons. The problem seems to be that two users were logged in on the ps4. If just one user is logged on the menus are there. Have run into tons of other bugs after this but at least now i can play the game. Sort of.
    Game is still broken. Still no word on if they will ever fix it. Just took my money and didn't care whether i could actually play the game or not.
  • fulvius72fulvius72 Member Posts: 1
    It appears that most of the issues that make the game unplayable are caused when using or trading items that have charge. Likely the game gets confused between charges on a single item vs. stacks of multiple items. It can be avoided if you steer clear of any items that have charges. Save before identifying anything, and if the identified item has charges, reload the old game and drop it unidentified. Do not buy anything that has charges, and do not use anything that has charges - then the text won't become corrupted and the game will have many fewer bugs.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lennylenny Member Posts: 1
    it is 2022 and the game is still unplayable. i cannot save the game, and what is ultimately frustrating is that my spell book is empty after I copied the spell in the inventory! Completely unacceptable and unplayable. Any one facing this problem too?