Skip to content

Are "other modules" considered official modules?

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
edited August 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
In "Other Modules", there are these four modules:
  • Contests of Champion 0492
  • The Dark Ranger's Treasure
  • The Winds of Eremor
  • To Heir is Human

They are bonus contents that automatically come with the installation of NWN:EE.

I'm not sure about whether they are official modules or not because they aren't listed in "Premium Neverwinter Nights Modules", nor are they listed on Steam and GOG.com for sale.

I do notice that the last three were created by BioWare though.

Comments

• ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    These were named "demo modules" before. "To Heir is Human" has a little story, but the others are mostly to show stuff. They are very short modules and far from being premium content. "The Dark Ranger's Treasure" for example just leads your toon to lots of chests full of treasure, more than you could ever carry. I guess you can use it to give your toon some equipment and a lot of money for selling the stuff you could carry.
    They were made by Bioware and always have been part of the game.
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    Zwerkules wrote: »
    These were named "demo modules" before. "To Heir is Human" has a little story, but the others are mostly to show stuff. They are very short modules and far from being premium content. "The Dark Ranger's Treasure" for example just leads your toon to lots of chests full of treasure, more than you could ever carry. I guess you can use it to give your toon some equipment and a lot of money for selling the stuff you could carry.
    They were made by Bioware and always have been part of the game.

Thanks. So they aren't really serious modules. I'll skip them then.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    edited August 2020
    On the other hand, many of the unofficial modules are well worth playing:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1309774090