Skip to content

How to find and assign voice sets through BCS/Scripts?

fvig2001fvig2001 Member Posts: 8
edited July 2020 in General Modding
Hi

So I am trying to make a familiar that levels up and I wanted to be able to assign a soundset to it (selected, performs a command). I would like to know the following:

1. How to find the soundset reference of an NPC that either is an enemy or playable party member
2. How to assign that soundset via script.

I will be using it on BGEE/BG2EE

Thanks!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    to be honest i dont think you would be able to do it via script but more of via; creature editing

with a program like near infinity you can look up any creature file ( so in this case you want to find the familiar you are using ) and when you go to the edit tab, you will need to school down until you find the voice selection lines ( they describe what they are like; SOUND: INITAL_MEETING, SOUND: MORALE, ect )

then from there when you select a said line you will have to go to "edit" and then select said sound from the talk file and make sure you select a string that has a sound attached to it
  • fvig2001fvig2001 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2020
    Thanks. I can't do it through CRE since the characters are already added as familiars. I ended up finding sample scripts and copied from there.