Skip to content

Survival of the Unfittest

2»

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Mage with 3 constitution on Tutu or Trilogy + Insane difficutly = insta-death caused by Tamoko - the impossible challenge! 8D
  • LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
    edited October 2012
    jolly_bb said:

we can make dozens of funny challenges but not sure if all of them make practical sense.

It's a game.
    You can do what you like without worrying about consequence or comment.
    It would be good if the real world was like that.

• ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    CaptRory said:

Anyone ever tried a game where, it's just the PC and Khalid and Jaheria (and maybe Imoen since it makes sense for her to come along). The PC does nothing. Never levels up. Won't carry anything. Doesn't do anything. And Jaheira and Khalid (and maybe Imoen) have to drag his lazy butt through the game. Maybe the only items the PC will use are healing potions (it's SUCH a Pain to heal up the normal way!) and invisibility potions (now this is how you get out of work!). I'd say hack in an item that makes him permanately slow but, that'd be more annoying than challenging no matter how much he would drag his feet.

I call it, "The Lazy Millstone Challenge".

I tend to like to make my PC more powerful overtime, so no I haven't done something exactly like that.

I do typically play with a small party though, so in that sense I play in a way that is similar to your idea. My preferred party size is 3 or less. My PC and Viconia are the only 'permanent' members of my party. Everyone else comes and goes throughout the game as I tire of them and cycle them out for something new.

Sometimes I bring weaker characters into my party just so I can use them as extra inventory space. I don't even give them weapons, they just hide in corners while Viconia and my PC do all the fighting.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited October 2012
    Using cheats, while playing on insane, to generate multiple copies of Abazigal and other dragons to all fight at the same time can be a very difficult challenge. I played that once in a multiplayer game with two friends. It was very difficult, but also very fun, and required lots of strategical coordination.

In single player game, I used cheats to spawn an army of 2,400 paladins in the Umar Hills and fought them all at once. The battle lasted for 7 hours real time. That was quite a challenge! I can't remember the name of the level, but one of the wilderness maps near Suldenesselar has a narrow bridge that is easy to defend against overwhelming numbers of opponents. I once fought about 500 shield knights from that bridge. I highly recommend doing something similar to anyone who wants to really challenge themselves.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    CaptRory said:

Anyone ever tried a game where, it's just the PC and Khalid and Jaheria (and maybe Imoen since it makes sense for her to come along). The PC does nothing. Never levels up. Won't carry anything. Doesn't do anything. And Jaheira and Khalid (and maybe Imoen) have to drag his lazy butt through the game. Maybe the only items the PC will use are healing potions (it's SUCH a Pain to heal up the normal way!) and invisibility potions (now this is how you get out of work!). I'd say hack in an item that makes him permanately slow but, that'd be more annoying than challenging no matter how much he would drag his feet.

I call it, "The Lazy Millstone Challenge".

Cast a sleep spell on the PC, throw him into a bag of holding, then have Jaheira drag his lazy ass through hell and back, all the while the PC listening to her constant bickering. Now that would be a challenge.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    There's no air in Bags of Holding, if I recall correctly. But that'd be pretty funny.