Skip to content

Infinite Dungeons - Bugs and Issues

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
I didn't submit a ticket in the tracker, because I don't know how to consistently reproduce this, but there is a common bug in the Infinite Dungeons premium module that I've encountered. Whenever I complete certain quests, especially the "Explore areas..." and "Clear areas..." types, there is a good chance of me not receiving any rewards from it. Usually the message box states something like "All plot areas explored", after which I speak to the quest giver (who usually follows me), and they thank me, they leave the party, and they disappear, without giving me the originally promised gold or XP.

Another issue I've run into is with the puzzle where you need to destroy a statue by directing sparks to it. The sparks are fired from four orbs that are located at the edges of the puzzle. However, I've encountered some of these puzzles where one of the orbs just doesn't work, and fails to fire off a spark, rendering the solution impossible.
Ian579

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I've also found another issue regarding quest rewards. There is a quest type where you need to find a certain object in the dungeon, a statue, urn, etc., and click on it to complete the quest. When I do this quest type, I usually receive less gold and XP than what the quest giver had promised me. E.g. they would say they'd give me 3500 gold and XP, but when I click the object, I only receive 500 of each. Even after I go back and talk to the quest giver, they'd just thank me and disappear, without any additional rewards.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hi there!

Those are tricky ones. Infinite dungeon quests can be a little weird in their execution, and there's a bunch of little things that can change the numbers / results.

I'd probably have to see a screenshot, but a few things that can muck things up on that front is if you have hirelings, since they take a % of the gold you find, and (I believe?) count for a party EXP split?

If you can, I'd suggest checking in your dungeon journal to see what kinds of quest entries are in there after the quest is given / before you hand it in, just to see if we can attach some hard numbers to it.
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for the response. I usually adventure alone, though sometimes some of the quest givers want to join the party for the duration of their quests. This I don't think should logically affect the rewards, since you're doing a job for them.

From now on I'll try to make sure that I screenshot any bug I come across in Infinite Dungeons, when possible.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited December 2017
    Adul said:

I've also found another issue regarding quest rewards. There is a quest type where you need to find a certain object in the dungeon, a statue, urn, etc., and click on it to complete the quest. When I do this quest type, I usually receive less gold and XP than what the quest giver had promised me. E.g. they would say they'd give me 3500 gold and XP, but when I click the object, I only receive 500 of each. Even after I go back and talk to the quest giver, they'd just thank me and disappear, without any additional rewards.

@Shaiden Here are some screenshots showing this bug:

Notice that the quest giver promised 5500 gold and XP, but I only received 500 of each.

Regardless of how much the dialog says, the reward for this quest type seems to be consistently set to 500 gold and XP. The reward should be leveled, as with the other quest types.
    JuliusBorisovIan579
  • MordaedilMordaedil Member Posts: 56
    This was true in the old version as well, so not specific to EE.

Methinks there's a variable overflow somewhere in the module text.
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited September 2020
    Adul wrote: »
    I didn't submit a ticket in the tracker, because I don't know how to consistently reproduce this, but there is a common bug in the Infinite Dungeons premium module that I've encountered. Whenever I complete certain quests, especially the "Explore areas..." and "Clear areas..." types, there is a good chance of me not receiving any rewards from it. Usually the message box states something like "All plot areas explored", after which I speak to the quest giver (who usually follows me), and they thank me, they leave the party, and they disappear, without giving me the originally promised gold or XP.

Another issue I've run into is with the puzzle where you need to destroy a statue by directing sparks to it. The sparks are fired from four orbs that are located at the edges of the puzzle. However, I've encountered some of these puzzles where one of the orbs just doesn't work, and fails to fire off a spark, rendering the solution impossible.

It looks like I'm not the only one who encountered the bug of the puzzle. I noticed that one of the orb (Energized Sphere) does not fire sparks so I googled it a bit, and I found this thread.

To devs: please fix the bug.

key words:
    Neverwinter Nights

Down the rows the balls run through,
    Align them all, in columns true,

The above two sentences are taken from the hints of the puzzle. I wrote them here for other players to find this thread on Google so that they won't try to solve the bugged puzzle without knowing it is bugged.
    Post edited by Ian579 on
    Adul
    Adul wrote: »
    (Quote)
    @Shaiden Here are some screenshots showing this bug:

(Spoiler)

Notice that the quest giver promised 5500 gold and XP, but I only received 500 of each.

Regardless of how much the dialog says, the reward for this quest type seems to be consistently set to 500 gold and XP. The reward should be leveled, as with the other quest types.

I can confirm that this issue still occurs in v80.8193.13. I was promised with about 2000 gold and XP, but was given only 500 gold and XP.
    edited September 2020
    Today, I completed two area-exploring/clearing quests and received no reward at all. The issue happened on the level 1 of the Underdark dungeon.
    Post edited by Ian579 on