Skip to content

WeiDU Parsing Error State 85 -What?

ArcnNKDArcnNKD Member Posts: 28
Hey everyone. So I just spent the last literally 5 hours finishing up everything for the tp2 file for my own little collection of custom tweaks. When I went to test the installation on my own install, WeiDU gave me a fatal parse error about a State 85; and indicated it was at a specific line... but I don't see what's causing the issue? I've attached the screenshot of the WeiDU error and my tp2 file (in zip because you can't upload tp2 apparently) as well.

osmuzd5psn6m.png

And the line 161 ' : ' it is referring to is...

STRING_SET 9560 ~DRUID: The Druid serves the cause of nature and neutrality; the wilderness is <PRO_HISHER> community, and <PRO_HESHE> uses <PRO_HISHER> special powers to protect it and to preserve balance in the world.

All on one line; and the only : on that line is after DRUID and is identical to the other class descriptions I've edited prior to that one.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    The previous string (at line 159) is missing the closing tilde character.

I'd strongly suggest to use a text editor with syntax highlighting functionality to quickly notice these kinds of typos (such as this syntax highlighter for Notepad++).
  • ArcnNKDArcnNKD Member Posts: 28
    Stupid tilde. Lol thanks and yes, I use Notepad++ for editing these text files. Though, mine doesn't have any highlighting for the tp2 files like it would if I were typing out a programming language or something.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @ArcnNKD Hey, you should also replace Unicode ''En dash' as normal hyphens:
    search
    and
    , then replace with
    -

They look the same but there are three different characters. Simply avoid copy-paste from World/etc
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @ArcnNKD Hey, you should also replace Unicode ''En dash' as normal hyphens:
    search
    and
    , then replace with
    -

They look the same but there are three different characters. Simply avoid copy-paste from World/etc

Thanks for the tip. I think that came about because I just copied out of NearInfinity's dialog.tlk viewer and changed the text I needed inside the tp2 instead of retyping the entire thing. =)

Do you (or anyone) know what steps need to be taken to post up a finished mod/weidu installation here? I remember seeing something about needing to 'register' some sort of like mod name/tag that you'll use for all your mods - but I can't find information on that again.
    southfla79 wrote: »

Thank you! I posted on the thread site there to 'reserve' a prefix for myself.