Skip to content

No Save Game portraits on iPhone? (BG:EE)

ViexiViexi Member Posts: 3
edited September 2020 in Troubleshooting
Hey all, I have this issue that's been bothering me all day and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Whenever I play on iOS, the character portraits do not show up when saving the game. This is without custom portraits. Just the standard ones that ship with the game. This is on my iPhone 11.

wwfqidzeg7m2.png

I have a similar issue with my iPad, except on there I get Save Game portraits but it does not generate the HP numbers on-top of them. I don't have this issue with the Steam version of the game.

d0f8y7r4zkzj.png
vdexw2k9jogp.jpg

I can't seem to figure this out. At first I thought it might be because I added my own custom portraits into the game and transferred them over to iOS. I uninstalled the game on iPhone which didn't fix the problem, so I tried wiping my iPad, reinstalling and creating a new save/character without installing my custom portraits at all - That doesn't fix HP numbers not showing up and I can't afford to wipe my phone, so I don't know if that would change anything.

Is this a known issue on iPhone/iPad that I just didn't notice at first? Could some of you iOS guys (especially iPhone if you wouldn't mind!) post screenshots of what your save lists look like? I'd really like to know if this is just me obsessing over a minor detail.

I have no idea if this is linked, but the Help button dialogue pops up on iOS every time I start a new save file but doesn't do the same on PC. Is that normal behaviour? I can't remember if this came up the first time I started a save file when I first bought the game from the App Store:

xdvz9w2amz3b.png

Thank you!

Comments

• ViexiViexi Member Posts: 3
    Also here are my custom portraits for those interested/curious :)

3zm50yrs4tm8.bmpoc6a8oy6e4ct.bmp

• ViexiViexi Member Posts: 3
    Just want to bump this to see if anyone else has any insight?