Skip to content

Question regarding new 2da functionality

yamishyamish Member Posts: 3
edited September 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I am attempting to utilize the new functionality of classes.2da and spells.2da to make a custom spellcaster.

It is to be set up like a bard, knowing all of its spells in the spellbook automatically and being able to cast them without memorization.

I have set up the casting columns in classes.2da to mimic the bard, minus the spellschool column. I have added a column in spells.2da for the spellbook with the spell levels set, none being available before their innate level.

At level one, i have a spellbook with only a cantrips section, and it's empty.

I've gone over these 2das twice and am not finding my issue.

I am attempting this in the OC, no haks installed, only thing in override are the 2das associated with my class as well as feats, classes, and spells.2da. My dialog.tlk is in place and working. All other aspects of the class are working. The only issue is the empty spellbook.

Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    Have you defined the starting package 2da files for the new class? They populate the spellbook, initial feats and kit.
  • yamishyamish Member Posts: 3
    Yes i did define them. But for PackSP*.2da all i did was copy and rename one of the wizard ones, figuring it wouldn't matter since I had no plan on selecting a preset package. I was unaware it was tied to more than just the specified package.

Thanks!
  • yamishyamish Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2020
    To update. Configuring the packsp*.2da fixed the issue with the spells not showing up. However my spellbook only shows cantrips. And when attempting to cast them, i get a message about no remaining uses or preparations for the day.

It appears that maybe my actual caster levels are not being applied? The class is set as spellcaster with 1.0 levels to caster.

Anybody have an idea of what would be causing my caster level to not be applied?

Edit: I have tries giving the class a spell known table, though it shouldn't need one. I still get the same thing, only cantrips showing, unable to cast even though i show daily uses remaining
    Post edited by yamish on