Skip to content

AddJournalQuestEntry and GiveXPToCreature sound conflict

fot1fot1 Member Posts: 74
edited September 2020 in Builders - Scripting
I'm using in the same script AddJournalQuestEntry and GiveXPToCreature. When I set the journal to an entry which has the completed flag, the sounds play fine.

However, if the creature also happens to gain a level, only the level up sound is heard, and the traditional quest complete sound does not play.

I wonder if this is a bug or a feature? Is there a way for me to make sure that both sounds play normally?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    You could use DelayCommand on AddJournalQuestEntry so that it plays after the level up.

Since GiveXPToCreature and level up are simultaneous, you can't easily play two sounds, but I can't see why you'd need to, as both signal an XP gain.
  • fot1fot1 Member Posts: 74
    I've noticed that this happens sometimes even when you dont get a level. I will try to add some DelayCommand to see if it works, thanks for the tip.

> both signal an XP gain.

I understand where you are going, but I would rather having the two sounds, since I think it is possible for a player that got his XP forget to look at the journal.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    There are visual cues, of course - the journal button flashes, and the portrait changes to the level up image...