Skip to content

How do you change camera altitude in NWN:EE on IOS?

Playing on iPad Mini 4 with IOS 12. I can zoom in and out, rotate the camera, but can't change the up/down angle, and therefore can't change the angle to see distant creatures that can sometimes see me. Bad news for an archer.

When I zoom in/out the altitude seems to wobble a bit, as if changing it is possible. But I haven't figured out how.

Thanks!

ps - Love the port to iPad/IOS!

Comments

• Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 330
    @Pyracantha If I remember correctly it should be a config file or somesuch and you modify camera numbers.(At least this is for Android I don't know about ios). The changes should be very slight or you'll get a camera thats very far or jacked up...hope this helps.
  • zeroroomzeroroom Member Posts: 4
    Allanon81 wrote: »
    @Pyracantha If I remember correctly it should be a config file or somesuch and you modify camera numbers.(At least this is for Android I don't know about ios). The changes should be very slight or you'll get a camera thats very far or jacked up...hope this helps.

I was also wondering about that same camera feature Pyracantha because I remembered liking it on PC. And thats's interesting Allanon81. I took a look at the nwm.ini and nwnplayer.ini files and didn't see anything regarding the camera in them.

Anyone else know which file would need to be tweaked if it is even possible?
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    I’m pretty sure nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini are deprecated in favor of settings.tml.

EDIT: Yes, they’re at the top of the file. min-pitch and max-pitch. 0 is top town. I set mine to min-pitch=75 and max-pitch=89 and it’s much more immersive, more like a third person view.
  • zeroroomzeroroom Member Posts: 4
    Thanks postlarval!

I tried that and man that is way better!
  • jpsweeney94jpsweeney94 Member Posts: 93
    Wish they could add some hand gesture to adjust the altitude, as i like to change on the go... something like 3 or 4 fingers on screen at same time to adjust it manually?