Skip to content

Character Augments with games from downloaded via Beamdog vs. games from other sites

A quick question - I know that, with this website it is possible to download programs that allow players to augment the stat and game aspects of games like NWN:EE, Icewind Dale:EE, etc. If I have purchased these games from other websites (GOG, Steam), can I still use the same augments on them, seeing as how they are not directly from this website - Beamdog?

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    You can modify your game however you like. You're not gonna break the terms and conditions and have your game privileges revoked or anything.
  • NeveroddoreveNNeveroddoreveN Member Posts: 173
    Well, what I meant wast that I wasn't sure if Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition bought off of another site like GOG would be compatible with character augments that work if the game was bought off this site (directly from Beamdog). I know that, if I purchase a game off of a site, for example GOG, but download a DLC for that game on Steam, the game and DLC are not compatible.
    Oh, if you're talking about DLC you probably wanna buy it from the same guys you bought the game from.

Beamdog are pretty generous. If you buy any of their products from one storefront you can contact support and show them the receipt and they'll set you up with product codes for any of the other storefronts. So if you buy it from the wrong place you're not gonna be screwed or anything. You'll be able to get the DLC onto your game somehow. It's just gonna be a whole hassle that you don't really need.
    Ok, I am irked because I bought Baldur's Gate: EE and its sequel, Icewind Dale:EE and its sequel, and Planescape Torment:EE off of GOG. Should I try and transfer my games to this site? I have had them in my library for quite a while, I do not have the receipts for any of them.
    They would've e-mailed the receipt to you. Unless you deleted the e-mail it should still be in your inbox somewhere.

What's the problem with GoG though? Sounds like they were treating you pretty well for a while, but now you wanna transfer?
    Sounds like Beamdog is quite the hospitable bunch of people! I bought these games off of GOG, I am concerned that I would have to re-purchase them on this Beamdog website. They are rather expensive. I honestly think that the receipts are long gone, unless you know something about searhing AOL email folders. GOG is fine, they are a great website, my only two reasons at this point to repurchase them here on Beamdog. com so that everything would be in one place, and I could use some character haks if it comes down to when I will need them.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @NeveroddoreveN Forgive me if I misunderstand, but it seems like you already own all the games on GoG. So aren't they already all in one place?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "character haks" either, but if you mean "mods" the store you bought them from doesn't matter.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeah i have iwd ee on gog and everything else on steam and have no issues mudding them besides useing dlc merge with bg 1/sod.