Skip to content

please help!!!

Is anyone operating this game on any platform on which multiplayer actually works correctly. I have tried ps4 and am now on PC and I can't figure out how to reload saves without restarting the module.

Please help!!! I don't want to have to request a refund but I'm at the end of my rope.

Comments

• QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    Everything on PC works.

I believe the consoles have limited access to Multiplayer Persistent Worlds or "PWs" (only a few worlds are available to login to on that platform.)

Multiplayer Servers don't have "saves" unless they have a custom system that would allow it (which I have never heard of). Most multiplayer servers will store your character information (level and items), some have additional custom systems that can save your journals and storage chests.

If you are trying to Multiplayer the OC and save. I will be of no help since I have never tried that.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    @Fozzforus
    ok let break it down for you. There are two ways of playing multiplayer.
    Local lan/internet you and a few friends playing a module together.
    Dedicated server program: Used for semi persistent world games.

One you just go into you client and go through mult-player.
    Other you start up nwserver program.

Which of these are you using?
  • FozzforusFozzforus Member Posts: 20
    I'm just starting multiplayer in the client. It works fine to start a new campaign, but if you load a save file, it makes you enter with a new character and drops you back in the sanitarium and restarts the story. I don't have an option to use the character on the save like I am used to from the PS4 version.

I am not trying to do a persistent world, unless I am completely misunderstanding. I am just trying to go through the campaign and leave it open for people to join me.
    edited October 2020
    After you load internet lan under multi-player game you have to click on the exact character you used to start the game and you and other players should get a pop-up asking if you want to use the character from save or the base game and you must select from saved game. I suggest you allow local character and do not export characters on saving. A common errors is people grab the copy version of their character thinking that the one tied to the save.
    I never get that pop up.

I had working fine on the ps4 version (albeit after doing little work around of loading the game offline and then closing out and loading it again in multiplayer) and had been playing multiplayer games fine over there, but there's like 5 people playing on ps4.
    If you want to play offline and you using steam, just click the nwmain.exe in the install folder instead of from steam. May sure you clicking the right character, it might router issue too.
    edited October 2020
    *sigh* RIP this game
    But really, am I stuck running the campaign in single player?

What is multiplayer even for then?
    SOLVED by some saint on the internet:

I had to uncheck "enforce legal characters".