Skip to content

Crafting Script Question

GrymmlyGrymmly Member Posts: 10
I'm looking to change the gold, and xp, costs of crafting, to bring them more in line with PnP costs, and actually make crafting profitable, since it costs more to craft an item than what you can sell it for. What script controls the costs, and how easy is it to change?

Comments

• deltaTimedeltaTime Member Posts: 3
    x2_inc_craft - Really easy to change
    dTd
  • GrymmlyGrymmly Member Posts: 10
    Okay. I thought that was the script that controlled it, but I didn't see where it is controlled from in it? Admittedly, I am overtired thanks to children not letting me get enough sleep, and may have just missed it due to blurry eyes. :P
  • MermutMermut Member Posts: 44
    You can change the cost of creating scrolls by setting the int variable X2_CI_SCRIBESCROLL_COSTMODIFIER to whatever you want positive values increase the cost and negatives decrease.
    You can set it via script or directly on the module via the toolset.
    Thanks for trying to help. I'll have to go digging through the scripts when I've had more sleep, and my head is clearer.
    Okay, we found the lines that need to be changed for scrolls, potions, and wands. Does anybody know if there is a way to change the costs when crafting, or customizing, weapons and armor?
  • m_malarikm_malarik Member Posts: 14
    I just recently converted our long running PW to EE. We have noticed that the basic crafting ability is not working. Is there a script we need to update or something we need to set to get this working in EE?