Skip to content

NWN EE iOS - transfer character with gear and gold from SoU to HoU

rockgodrockgod Member Posts: 5
edited October 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Hi, I just discovered the iOS version after playing it in the early 2000s on PC and I'm enjoying it.

Can anyone tell me if/how you can transfer your character with all its gear and gold from SoU to HoU in the iOS version?
I see how I can build a new character in HoU using a previous one as a template, but with no gear or gold collected in SoU.
Post edited by rockgod on

Comments

• rockgodrockgod Member Posts: 5
    Well, it appears I can import my SoU Character with all it's levels, spells, and gold, yea! Just not the gear I guess. I can live with that. I'd still love to hear any useful comments on the transition from players on iOS.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Hi @rockgod
    I think that everything has been imported.

At the start of the campaign
    The drow steal your equipment. You get it back by the end of the chapter
    JuliusBorisov
    Much appreciated!
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • K1221n2K1221n2 Member Posts: 1
    The beginning of hou you’re stripped of all your gear and wake up naked if I remember correctly ?

[/b]
    rockgod wrote: »
    Well, it appears I can import my SoU Character with all it's levels, spells, and gold, yea! Just not the gear I guess. I can live with that. I'd still love to hear any useful comments on the transition from players on iOS.

Update: Stummvon was correct in his spoiler post. But at 1st glance, it looked like there was just one chest with the gear you had equipped when SoU ended. I had a LOT of stuff in inventory that I wanted to sell in HotU for a better price - 8 magic bags filled with all remaining other storage filled. So I almost cried when I thought I could get any of it back, but I figured out how to get most/all of it back by emptying the chest, then saving, then loading the saved game, and checking the chest again. It filled up again like 10-12 times with all my gear from SoU before it was 'empty'. That loot generated over 100K gold which I used to make my Dragonsbreath Halberd into a crazy powerful death bringer with Haste, True Seeing, SR 20, Regen +2, and +10 enchant. Whoohoo!
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Hi @rockgod
    Good to hear.
    But I do believe that you can - when you reach the container - get all the stuff at once.

When you have clicked on the container it should open and show you the first “layer” of the chest.

If you look at the attached foto you can in the top left corner see that this particular chest has 01/01 layers. Meaning that you are in the first layers out of one. The arrows in the sides should help you toggling between the layers.

The said chest with your equipment should hold all your stuff - when you open the chest the first time it could be a seven layer chest which displays thusly: 01/07 .

Just toggle between the layers and get all the stuff at once.

Hope it helps

Ps. Your own bag of holding sadly don’t have the same feature.
    Wow, and I thought I was so cool for figuring that out. Thx for the tip!
    StummvonBordwehr