Skip to content

Socially Distanced Theater Production

ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
So, with productions shut down due to Covid, theater buffs are out of luck, not to mention proffessional actors who are now out of a job. Cue the Worlds Elsewhere Theater Company. A livestreamed, socially distanced production of classic and modern plays on YouTube. I haven't checked them out yet myself, having only a passing interest in theater, but the idea is interesting enough to share.

Their Youtube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMpUSQDs-5P6cgmRSQbAUA

They already have an archived performance of a Midsummer Nights Dream that may or may not have been staged yet up and their first official live performance is of Lysistrata on October 24th at 7pm EST.

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I'm not that interested in theater myself, but everything that supports artists and helps them survive during these difficult times is great. And everything that makes people happy by offering online what they can't go to see in their leisure time anymore is also great.
    The contribution of any form of art, be it theater, music or something else, to human culture and society is vastly underestimated.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Arvia That's exactly why I'm sharing this.