Skip to content

How to know an item's ResRef code?

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
edited October 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I'm playing the Darkness over Daggerford premium module. And there is a bug which prevents a quest from progressing. I want to use console command to spawn an item which drops from an enemy during the quest. So I need to know the item's ResRef code.

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I'm not sure if this works for Premium modules, but for fan-made modules you can always open up the module in the Toolset and search for the item to find its ResRef code.
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited October 2020
    Zaxares wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this works for Premium modules, but for fan-made modules you can always open up the module in the Toolset and search for the item to find its ResRef code.

Thanks. That's how I found the ResRef code of an item in the original campaign. But when I open the Toolset, "Darkness over Daggerford" is not in the list of "Open an existing Module" so I haven't been able to open this module in the Toolset.
  • PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    Give me some details about the quest/item and I'll try to help :-)
  • PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    Actually, I've just noticed you link to the bug. Drop a mail to info@ossianstudios.com and we should be able to give you a workaround in lieu of an official fix (latest EE update adversely affected the wagon placeable you need to interact with)
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    Phantasma wrote: »
    Actually, I've just noticed you link to the bug. Drop a mail to info@ossianstudios.com and we should be able to give you a workaround in lieu of an official fix (latest EE update adversely affected the wagon placeable you need to interact with)

Thanks. I had just dropped an email to you.