Skip to content

Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition: Heart of Winter--Bug with portal in Jackalwere Caves

six_gun_samuraisix_gun_samurai Member Posts: 5
edited October 2020 in Troubleshooting
So, I want to get out of the Jackalwere caves. I have all the flawless gems, and I put them in the appropriate spots:

Heaven > Flawless Star Sapphire
Day > Flawless Sunstone Gem
Earth > Flawless Diamond Gem
Sea > Flawless Waterstone Gem
Night > Flawless Moonstone Gem

Note that I put them in order per the riddle on the piece of paper found in the chest.

After that, the cut scene starts up showing the portal lighting up...and that's it. There aren't any cues to use a cursor, nor do hitting any of my controller's buttons bring up commands. The scene continues animations showing the portal now lit and glowing, and music plays, but I can't move my characters or do anything.

Note: I'm playing on a PS4.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    I've seen cutscenes break similarly (in a different EE game); the characters that are supposed to talk just stand there. The usual fix is to simply load a save and do it again. It's usually necessary to force quit first, as you can't do anything else in-game.

So, then, what happens if you load a save and try that scene again? Does the problem repeat, or does the game continue properly?
    six_gun_samurai
  • six_gun_samuraisix_gun_samurai Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2020
    The problem repeats itself. I load the save I made right before I put the gems in their appropriate places, and the problem happens all over again. Multiple attempts have produced the same result.

(Edit to add:) I contacted Beamdog about this problem a few days ago; still waiting on a response from them.
    Post edited by six_gun_samurai on
  • a_nasheda_nashed Member Posts: 1
    Were you able to solve this issue?