Skip to content

Creating Your Own Levels in Baldur's Gate

Does anyone know if a feature would be possible? Perhaps as an expansion pack, one that is completely separate from the game even? (I am also going to the post the exact same thread in the general category, to get a feel for everyone else's thoughts about this as well, but mostly for a resource to the developers.)

I would LOVE to create my own NPC's, write their conversations, create my own character's responses, set devious traps, include merchants with the weapons of my choosing (even make those weapons extremely unique to the character selling them as well as the location; instead of the typical long sword, short sword, dagger latter).

In addition to creating the plot! My imagination has more ideas than I could ever hope to, or begin to for that matter, play out. (Please do not turn down this idea merely because of personal association but...) I would love to create a scenario similar to Drizzt's, but also a scenario similar to Bruenor taking Mithral Hall. Or even play as the Drow that came against Mithral Hall. And not to forget! The many different peoples involved within the war created by King Obould. Think about it, you could set your main character atop the same high ground as Banak, Torgar, Shingles, Wulfgar, Cattiebrie, Pikel, Ivan, Tred, Pwent, and all the others.

I'll be honest, my inspiration for this idea is almost exclusively to recreate R.A. Salvatore's novels, -but- I know that you, reading this, can't deny the fact that your imagination has ventured into the Forgotten Realms. You cannot honestly deny to yourself that your mind’s eye has not created some kind of scenario that you would love to create and play out. Or for that matter, simply download from a community of shared scenarios; a scenario akin to your own ideas.

THINK ABOUT IT!

Comments