Skip to content

Suggestion: Softcode Weapon Finesse

Perhaps this is already in the works, but I would like to suggest softcoding the Weapon Finesse feat so that it may be added like the other weapon feats to the baseitems.2da. It could be represented in another column with a simple true or false integer for each weapon in the baseitems.2da.
Prince_Raymond

Comments

• RifkinRifkin Member Posts: 141
    You know, at that point, why not also allow the 2da to specify what ability effects it as well, would allow for easier custom feats that allow different abilities to become the modifier for a weapon (e.g. wisdom, intelligence, charisma or constitution based weapons!)
    Prince_Raymond
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Rifkin wrote: »
    You know, at that point, why not also allow the 2da to specify what ability effects it as well, would allow for easier custom feats that allow different abilities to become the modifier for a weapon (e.g. wisdom, intelligence, charisma or constitution based weapons!)

Perhaps, and I did think of that, but did not choose to include it for balance reasons, but the point is taken. It seemed more relevant, and perhaps not as work as much overhead, to just do weapon finesse so we can then add that to CEP weapons that would naturally be finesse-worthy (nunchaku, sai, wind fire wheel, etc.)
    Prince_Raymondricoyung
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I agree that more generalized unhardcoding is preferable.

As for how much work it is: there are some things which I don't think have any use case and they still fully unhardcoded those things. So with things like this at least you have a proper use case and actual rules that could be implemented better. At least it will actually get used.

The same goes for unhardcoding how ability scores affect multiple other rules, feats, active skill uses, and so on.
  • GenisysGenisys Member Posts: 37
    Man, if I could Weapon Finesse a Quarterstaff as a monk and still get Flurry of Blows...

That would be the BOMB xD
    Prince_Raymond
  • Gerad_VizagaGerad_Vizaga Member Posts: 14
    Sorry for bumping an old post, but has any of the recent-ish updates given the ability to assign a weapon to be finessed?
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    `Game/baseitems: New column WeaponFinesseMinimumCreatureSize. Takes 0/**** or the minimum creature size type needed to finesse.`
    Part of the very latest build (was included in the Dev patch notes for 8193.29 but missed in the .32 stable release notes)
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    `Game/baseitems: New column WeaponFinesseMinimumCreatureSize. Takes 0/**** or the minimum creature size type needed to finesse.`
    Part of the very latest build (was included in the Dev patch notes for 8193.29 but missed in the .32 stable release notes)

Wait, what? How did I miss that? Or they missed it!

But WeaponFineseMinimumCreatureSize doesn't appear to be softcoding of Finesse itself, but more of a foundation to get critter size right first? Or am I not interpreting that value properly?