Skip to content

Release Infinity Engine Open Source. please!

Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135
I want to make an official request for this. IE is one of the most amazing things to happen to rpgs and the most amazing thing to happen to AD&D. It's letting it go to waste not letting the community continue its development and allow for the creation of new adventures, with no Beamdog resources spent. If you guys are going to make games like Axis and Allies, please let us have the engine. I did make a thread about it before, but it was in the wrong section, and this is REALLY IMPORTANT.

ShankstaBytesHafirPokotaAllanon81Ludwig_II

Comments

• HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    I think new games are under production...
  • RiddarpappanRiddarpappan Member Posts: 5
    How do i start a new thread?
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    This has already been done as far as possible. To my understanding, GemRB is an open source platform where you can do exactly that and create new adventures. It replicates most of the Infinity engine. The big reason (I think) as to why we see way more mods than published GemRB adventures is that to create a "game" rather than a mod, requires no copying...all sounds, art, animation, scripts etc. have to be created, licenced or bought. I could be wrong, but I believe the first fully fledged game that started off this way could be Black Geyser. My knowledge is very limited, so take all this as speculation, rather than fact.

The core idea though I strongly agree with...infinity engine + rpg maker = the greatest hobby and d&d experience of all time. It would be a dream.