Skip to content

Frozen in Time: Final Screenshots of my Dad's Run

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
edited December 2020 in Challenges and Playthroughs
So here it is, frozen in time, untouched since July of 2017 (Dad died that December after being the hospital for several months).

mbi6uu52yq56.png

So it appears when we last left Dad he was just about to storm Borskeyr Bridge after finishing up at Bridgefort. The Rep drop comes from loading up the save file on another computer, the rep itself didn't actually change as it had already done so.

riee710dhce3.png

Oliver the Archer (Dad was a big fan of DC Comics as am I)

rfq6wb7atgwy.png

A pretty solid inventory on Dad's part

77apgu4t17n1.png

But herein lies the problem, area map info and after further exploration, even non party NPC dialogue and names seem to be replaced with dialogue from the Throne of Bhaal games. I have no idea how to fix this and don't have access to Dad's original Laptop that I managed to acquire the files from to play it properly. I'm unsure how or why this problem comes up but it only comes up with Dad's old files and not with my files including ones that I transferred from an older computer of my own. IF anybody has any advice let me know but I still thought showing everyone what a run frozen in time looks like would be cool.

Post edited by ZaramMaldovar on

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    I suspect this may be the result of using a save created in a different version of the game. If you were able to roll back your current version (which I believe you can do if you have the game on Steam) you could check that.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Grond0
    Thanks, unfortunately, I'm using the Beamdog versions of the game rather than the Steam versions but if what you are saying is correct than due to this game existing before I was aware of a stable build for the Enhanced Edition Trilogy it won't work within it.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    @Grond0
    Thanks, unfortunately, I'm using the Beamdog versions of the game rather than the Steam versions but if what you are saying is correct than due to this game existing before I was aware of a stable build for the Enhanced Edition Trilogy it won't work within it.

All the EE versions are stable within themselves - but you can get glitches when you carry on a save created in one version in a different one. If the game was created in v1.3 for instance it should play perfectly well when using that version. If you bought the game from Beamdog I understand that they will supply you with a Steam key if you ask for it - though I can certainly understand if you don't want to pursue that possibility.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Grond0
    Yes, I just realized what you mean. I'm unsure as to the version of the game that was being used at the time but it makes perfect sense to me. It's probably best to table this for now, but if I get a computer of my own in the future, I can see what I can do.