Skip to content

Priest of Tempus Cannot Cast Holy Power

Just like the title says. In the kit desc. it says they can cast the spell, Holy Power, once per day. Is this a known bug?

Comments

• 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Thank you!
    sarevok57JuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you're welcome :)
    JuliusBorisov1130210
  • ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    Also, just noticed that if you start a HoW only game with a priest of Tempus they start off bereft of equipment, unlike every other class.

Priest of Tempus was maybe not the most play-tested addition to IWD.
    sarevok57Gusinda
  • BrukoBruko Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2020
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    you would indeed be correct, but luckily i found out what the problem was

the holy power ability is incorrectly tagged as a priest spell instead of an innate spell, so once i changed it over, it worked

so what you can do is download this hotfix i have here and throw it into your IWD override folder ( after you unzip it ) and it should work ( although it may not work with a character already made ) but it should work if you remake that said character

I just tried this mod. It didn't automatically update my Priestess as you said it might not, but I tried kicking her out of the party and adding her back in again, and that gave her the appropriate number of Holy Mights. Possibly handy information if anyone else is in this position and has already got a fair bit in.

Thank you.
    sarevok57
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    A spell's type and its location are two separate things behind the scenes. While normally priest and mage spells go on the spellcasting button and innate spells go on the special abilities button, there's no reason they have to. I've played with a mod that puts certain innate spells on the spellcasting button.

In this case, the Priest of Tempus' Holy Power ability is properly set to go on the special abilities button, but improperly set to be a priest spell - meaning that you have to memorize it via the spellbook and it takes up some of your first level spell slots.

This is one of many fixes in the 2.6 patch - is it out yet for iPad?