Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Can you Download, Launch & Save games in the Icewind Dale 2.6.1.1 Beta on Steam?

srdbeamdogsrdbeamdog Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 15
edited December 2020 in The Road to 2.6
Greetings Friends,

Thanks for all your help on the Road to 2.6 so far! While we work on multiplayer compatibility in the BG I beta, we're moving on to the first phase of testing for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Test Objective: Launch & Save the Icewind Dale 2.6.1.1 Beta on Steam

How to opt-in & verify in-game you're running the correct version:
  • Please make sure you're using a clean (unmodded) install. Clear your override folder before testing the beta build
  • In your Steam Library, Right-Click Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition and choose “Properties”
  • Click on the Beta Tab
  • Choose the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu
  • If you don't see the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu, please restart Steam
  • In-game, on the main menu, you will see that the build is 2.6.1.1

How to Participate:
Fill out the survey below and let us know if you can do the following:
  • Download the Beta
  • Launch the Beta
  • Save games in the Beta

Remember the Ground Rules:
  • Back up your save games!
  • Don't test too much. While you're free to explore the whole game, please focus on the objective. Once you hit the objective or a major bug, report your feedback and stop playing the beta for now. We'll be back with more test objectives that we hope you'll take on in the future

Once we have confirmation from enough players—and can confirm there are no blocking issues— we'll be able to move onto the next test objectives in 2021!

Testing Status:
  • 11/10 Windows Players (Done!)
  • 3/3 macOS Players (Done!)
  • 4/3 Linux Players (Done!)

You can check out the 2.6 Patch List here for more details on what the full release will look like.
  1. Road to 2.6 | Can you Download, Launch & Save games in the Icewind Dale 2.6.1.1 Beta on Steam?25 votes
    1. Windows | I've downloaded & started the Icewind Dale 2.6 Beta. Save games & quick saves work as expected.
      68.00%
    2. macOS | I've downloaded & started the Icewind Dale 2.6 Beta. Save games & quick saves work as expected.
      16.00%
    3. Linux | I've downloaded & started the Icewind Dale 2.6 Beta. Save games & quick saves work as expected.
      16.00%
    4. I was unable to get the start screen (please explain).
        0.00%
    5. I was able to start the game, but there is an issue with save games (please explain).
        0.00%
Post edited by srdbeamdog on

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    Works fine.
    JuliusBorisovsrdbeamdog
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    All works.
    JuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Just as a heads up - if you have your steam account on multiple machines and need to test on a specific one (like how my desktop is windows and my laptop is linux, and I need to test from my laptop) you need to restart steam on all machines if the Road To 2.6 beta isn't in the list.
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    Saves and Quick Saves are working on my Windows 7 machine.
    JuliusBorisov
  • VerthissVerthiss Member Posts: 22
    Works just fine.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Windows 10. Saving, Loading, Quicksaving and Quickloading all works well...
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.