Skip to content

The Crimson River (TCR)

Hi, Leomist here.

Over the Past few months I've been toying with the idea of bringing my old server back online, So I've been fixing the old server, Some people may recognize the name, others may not, I created TCR around 2005 and hosted it successfully with a round the clock player base of about 20-25 people, but due to life circumstances and nwn2 being released I stopped hosting TCR.

The Key to a good server is having good players, if a server has no players it cant be successful. So to successfully launch I'll be needing a small team initially of about 5 people minimum. Dedication at this point is more important than experience, To start with I'm Looking for play testers, as the server was created a while ago, and the port to EE has been quite a task and there still may be some bugs that I may not have squished.

While playtesting the the server will remain passworded as it is not yet ready to be opened.
You may invite others to join you during playtesting giving them the password, This is only temporary so get them to read this post.

Character's testing are still eligible to save their time with that character on the server. however all Items, gold and xp will be stripped.

Play testers may also apply for a position as a DM if they feel they share the DM's Ideal.

TCR in 3 words. "Less is More."

To be more specific, You won't find a plethora of magical items, special powers or epic gear. in fact you will hardly find any magical stuff apart from very simple things. I also don't believe in creating useless filler area's that serve no point. The Area's are simple but all have a reason to be there, They were Created to encourage roleplay.

Leveling is slow, dying is easy without help and permanent death(explained later) keeps death real.

My goal when creating TCR was to really make it challenging and to rewards players not by magical items and xp but by maintaining a dedicated environment for them.

Feel free to leave a message on here or to message me directly at Gmail.com refer to my username.

A Little on the gameplay:

Food is required to rest and rest is restricted to 10 minutes plus 1 minute per level.

Loot is spawned for every player, So when you go out in a party together each person gets to open and loot the container not only the first one to it. This is based on the idea that you as a group open the container and shared equally the loot between each other.

Natural healing is a regenerating effect that applies to all players, it is basically your characters natural healing rate. If your character has healing skills the regeneration rate is faster so you heal quicker. when you have a wound you naturally tend to your wound, not let it get infected. so your healing ability is directly linked to your regeneration rate.

Permanent Death is a tried system on TCR. You do however get 15 lives. This is a system some people either Love it or completely Hate it. however death needs to have eventual consequences. Upon losing all 15 lives you will no longer be able to respawn i.e. your character is gone for good. (Exceptions Apply)

Stores all give a Fixed discount on buying and selling, 2% discount on buying per level and 2% increase on selling per level (Max 50% buy and sell). also a fixed max buy price at 10gp per level.

We have mostly rusty weapons available in most stores, The reason is explained in the Lore section.
There for all weapons will have an immediate -3 to attack and -3 damage -3 parry.
All armor include a -1 to AC.

Weapons and Armor both degrade slowly during combat.
Durability is set as charges on the item. 20 charges is the initial -3 penalty at 10 charges a -1 is applied to the item there is a 5% chance per creature killed of loosing a charge. play testing is required to determine if this is too high. when the durability reaches zero i.e. 0 charges the item is destroyed by default. This may be changed later dependent on play testing results.

DM's Ideal: I am looking for need to share the same ideals, that is the reward we give to the player is creating fun quest's and interacting with characters, not by dealing out magical item's, xp or gold.

We encourage people spend more time roleplaying rather than out grinding for XP. so there for players are automatically awarded xp during the time they spend on the server. The time a character spends in the server is divided by the amount of xp they have, giving an average xp per hour. We recommend our players earn less than 210 xp per hour. Players who are under this amount are given a reward. that may include removing a permanent death, or finding an enchanted weapon or armor that is still susceptible to durability. or perhaps something more for roleplay such as a dedicated quest for that player. or even a special area made for them. creating a guild or many other special requests. generally up to level 5 the reward is extra permanent lives, usually the more time consuming requests are only accepted after level 5-6.

A Little bit of Lore:
You will find no city's or castles, TCR is a land built after desolation a civilization that has been rebuilding, small pockets of rural villages with simple traders who are just trying to survive, The Crimson lands and most parts of my world were struck with a deadly divine magic that cursed the lands, a war amongst the gods and powerful mortals alike. Leo - Angel of the old ways, was one of the angels who stood by the mortals, though their powers combined weren't enough to win the war.

After the demise of powerful mortals the gods cursed the mortal's world, The curse of the gods was to teach the mortals not to think of themselves as gods, Leo - Angel of the old ways, was punished to live his eternal life amongst the mortals, to bear witness to the deadly divine power that would seek out the precious metals deep inside the earth and to weaken the metal from inside oxidizing the inner core of the metal making it frail and almost useless as tools, But the curse spread. Not only in metals, but in all things. wood, metal, leather, whatever is used by mortals is instantly effected.

Even though the War was long ago, the curse of the gods can still be felt.

be it Iron ore or the most precious mithril simply turns into a smelters nightmare, as it can no longer be cast into it's final pure form. It is tainted with the curse. As soon as it cures the curse begins to eat at it from the inside. As it is divine magic there is no way to prevent it's eventual decay only to slowly prevent it from falling apart.

Happy Gaming.
StummvonBordwehr

Comments