Skip to content

[IWDEE] as a prequel of BG

SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
Hi folks,
This is not my idea and maybe it’s a quite common though as I’m not really aware of FR background. A guy « Coopernicus » talked about this on Reddit. Maybe he goes around here too. He played IWD with a relative of Caelar Argent, like a grand father whom is also a paladin. He took a young Gorion in the party too.
I found the idea very cool and I wanted to play the game in this way too. We cannot continu with IWD2 obviously but still make link with BG.
So im thinking of create a party like him, no power gaming thoughts haha :smile:
- undead hunter paladin Geralt Argent 
- Gorion mage straight (monk dual mage isn’t possible ;))
- Alianna. I found on the wiki that she and Gorion was lovers and she was a priest of Bhaal. In her class description she is a berserker ... so she will be a human berserker7/cleric. Gorion’s ward will be a human berserker when I will reach BG.
- Reevor, the dwarf in candelkeep, is a dwarf defender with axes/hammer
Now I’m not very sure who could fit? :smile: - Volo as a bard? I love bard of course.
And no Idea for a thief ... initially I thought that Ribald fit very well as a bounty hunter elf or half elf but in fact, he seems to be an F/M so... I kinda stuck.
Maybe it’s totally pointless and delusional but I’d like to have your expert point of view.
Thank
BlackravenIseweinStummvonBordwehrxiaoleiwendockaboomski

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    'Puffguts' Winthrop as a dashing young rogue, of course.
    Sanctifer
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    edited December 2020
    Hey! Thank you this is a good idea. I will think of it. Time wise, it isn’t possible I guess cause there is too much time between the two game. I assume that powerful human mages or clerics like Gorion or Alianna could live longer than human thief. But it’s a fun idea!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Isn't IWD something like 300 years before BG?
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    There don't seem to be any continuity issues with changing it to more like half a century ago.
    Haha ok ok it’s delusional
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited December 2020
    Hi @Souplesse

A fellow forumite made a time line a couple of years ago. Look here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65246/timeline-of-the-bg-iwd-nwns-and-planescape-games

An IWD prequel seems feasible imho.

Ps. Gorion is secretly an elf... thats why you cant resurrect him in BG1..
    Blackraven
    Hey thank you for this ! I’m reading it! Very interesting
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    As a wizard it’s not a big stretch for Gorian to extend his life with magic
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ThacoBell wrote: »

it takes place before the times of trouble as priests of bhaal were in 2.
    ilduderino wrote: »
    As a wizard it’s not a big stretch for Gorian to extend his life with magic

Yes ! I feel the same for a priest too!

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    megamike15 wrote: »

Yeah, I know that much. IWD2 takes place before Drizzt even comes to the surface. So its not an insignificant period of time.
    edited December 2020
    megamike15 wrote: »

Yeah, I know that much. IWD2 takes place before Drizzt even comes to the surface. So its not an insignificant period of time.

I read somewhere but can’t remember, that Drizzt was born something like 87 years after IWD1 ... I have to check that too

I’d like to play IWDee1 and 2 with the same team ... approx 30 years after. Geralt Argent the paladin would be significantly older and wiser (take no money for reward in IWD2 if I remember correctly). When I was younger myself, I played original bg1 a bit and bg2 a lot and IWD2 but not IWD1 ... cannot remember why btw. I guess you guys have played the two with the same team....
    Damn I not in the good section .... very sorry about that never mind if I need to be moved !
    Thank and sorry guys