Skip to content

[MOD] Siege of Dragonspear 2 Baldur's Gate2:EE Item Upgrade - v2.0.5 released!

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Cahir wrote: »
    Happy new year folks, I just wanted to give an update: My house is still a wreck, but I have been working on the update here and there using a borrowed laptop. Hopefully will be able to get a new one soon, as this thing is painfully slow to work on.

I can't give an ETA right now, but I did want to let you all know that I am still working on it. One thing that irks the crap out of me is when a modder talks up an exciting new update for a mod, but then never delivers. Rest assured it's going to take something really catastrophic for that to happen with my mods, and even if it did, I would pass it along to another modder in hopes they could complete it in my stead.

We're looking forward for new version @Daeros_Trollkiller. In fact, I won't start my EET run until 1.3 happens? But don't mind me, of course, take all time you need.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Cahir! I think you will really enjoy the update once I finish it as it really takes EET into account and adds quite a bit to an EET playthrough, and it spans the entire adventure, as opposed to being a BG2-only thing.

Oh, I really can't wait for this! How does your mod interact with Item Revisions? I think there shouldn't be incompatibilities, since IR mostly changes existing items from vanilla BG2, but I wanted to be sure. Also what would be the install order between SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade and your Enhanced Edition: Cosmetic Enhancements? I basically only need those 3 item mods to be a happy panda.
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    Happy new year folks, I just wanted to give an update: My house is still a wreck, but I have been working on the update here and there using a borrowed laptop. Hopefully will be able to get a new one soon, as this thing is painfully slow to work on.

I can't give an ETA right now, but I did want to let you all know that I am still working on it. One thing that irks the crap out of me is when a modder talks up an exciting new update for a mod, but then never delivers. Rest assured it's going to take something really catastrophic for that to happen with my mods, and even if it did, I would pass it along to another modder in hopes they could complete it in my stead.

We're looking forward for new version @Daeros_Trollkiller. In fact, I won't start my EET run until 1.3 happens? But don't mind me, of course, take all time you need.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Cahir! I think you will really enjoy the update once I finish it as it really takes EET into account and adds quite a bit to an EET playthrough, and it spans the entire adventure, as opposed to being a BG2-only thing.

Oh, I really can't wait for this! How does your mod interact with Item Revisions? I think there shouldn't be incompatibilities, since IR mostly changes existing items from vanilla BG2, but I wanted to be sure. Also what would be the install order between SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade and your Enhanced Edition: Cosmetic Enhancements? I basically only need those 3 item mods to be a happy panda.

Incompatibilities should be very minimal, if any, as my mod doesn't modify or change existing BG2 items. At one point I thought about changing a few, but ultimately decided that wasn't my focus. The only compatibility issues that might present themselves are if Item Revisions changes the filenames of the existing items (I haven't looked at it, but I would wager it doesn't). And if that were the case, it would only present itself if one of my upgrade recipes looks for the original item as an upgrade component.

To summarize (I know I can be long-winded at times):
    Even if an existing item that is an upgrade component for my mod is changed by IR, it will still work as a component for my mod as long as the filename (ex: itemname.itm) isn't changed.
    JuliusBorisov
    Just a quick update - Progress on 1.3 continues, I am able to work a bit quicker on this new laptop. That old dinosaur would flicker just trying to start up the damned game, lol. I'm looking forward to release, can't wait to see what you all think about the work I've put into this :)
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovAdam_en_tiumTimbo0o0o0
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    Yes! I'm trying to get through a SoD campaign in time to take advantage of 1.3, so this is exciting to hear!
    Adam_en_tium
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    @Daeros_Trollkiller Could I kindly request that the Blazing Glory +3 be included in 1.3? I found it strange that you've included virtually every good item in SOD and yet the amazing Blazing Glory +3 was missing.

Thanks!
    Shirak wrote: »
    @Daeros_Trollkiller Could I kindly request that the Blazing Glory +3 be included in 1.3? I found it strange that you've included virtually every good item in SOD and yet the amazing Blazing Glory +3 was missing.

Thanks!

I will take a look into it. Generally I only add things in ways that I think *fit*, so don't hold me to it, but I will see. I am hard at work on trying to wrap up 1.3 and get it out.
    Timbo0o0o0Adam_en_tiumJuliusBorisov
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    Shirak wrote: »

Thanks!

I will take a look into it. Generally I only add things in ways that I think *fit*, so don't hold me to it, but I will see. I am hard at work on trying to wrap up 1.3 and get it out.

The Blazing Glory +3 is a quest reward you get from Mizhena at Dragonspear Castle for saving her father, just before you go to Avernus.

There should be no issue with "fit", since you've already imported the Tongue of Acid +3. The Blazing Glory +3 is just an enchanted morningstar that will expand the range of morningstars available in SOA/TOB.

If I'm not wrong, it was only added in V2.5 (most probably to allow flail/morningstar users to fight the final battle on higher difficulties), which is why most players don't even know it exists, unlike the Tongue of Acid +3.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    It reminds me of Ultima Online[/url]'s dyes for clothes. It's old-school and making me smile now. Alleluia and thankee!
  • MrBaquanMrBaquan Member Posts: 42
    Are the horns of Helm of Dumathoin the ones you use to open the Spellhold 2nd level door? How do we use those for the upgrade if that's the case?
    Also, I seem to have missed the shadow dragon blood somehow. Either it wasn't there or I didn't pick it up. Can I console it in somehow?
    MrBaquan wrote: »
    Are the horns of Helm of Dumathoin the ones you use to open the Spellhold 2nd level door? How do we use those for the upgrade if that's the case?

No, those are not the horns used in the upgrade recipe.
    JuliusBorisov
    Also, I seem to have missed the shadow dragon blood somehow. Either it wasn't there or I didn't pick it up. Can I console it in somehow?

You didn't miss it, that one is on me, I forgot to place it. Fixed for 1.3. You can console it in or use EE Keeper as well.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr

You didn't miss it, that one is on me, I forgot to place it. Fixed for 1.3. You can console it in or use EE Keeper as well.
    How do I figure out what the console code is? Sorry, I'm a noob.

How do I figure out what the console code is? Sorry, I'm a noob.

I don't know off the top of my head as I really don't use the console, I tend to use EE keeper for things like that.
    Still trying to find the itm codes for Shadow Dragon Blood and also Crimson Dawn since I wasn't able to get it. I found some of the ones I was looking for in the mod files but couldn't find those. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.
    Ahh. Old version.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited March 2021
    Hi i would like to include your Mod in my next BG2EE Run cause it looks very interesting and i am particularly interested in the New Spells and i really like that there is a Weapon Upgrade included which addresses the lack of Lategame Barbarian Exclusive Equipment. Looking at the Silver Dragon Blade.

I would like to make a request if i may:

Would it be possible that you include the Cloak of the Gargoyle from SoD to the Items being able to import to BG2?

Since Monks don't get Protection from Crits through Ioun Stones anymore it is pretty much the only Item being able to do that and on higher Difficulty especially with SCS it would make the Monk a bit more viable again.

Maybe you could put it in one of Rasaads Quest Areas?

In General i think it would be nice to see some more Monk Related Items in the Game.

I look forward to play your Mod as soon as my BG1+SoD Run is concluded.

Cheers :)

Edit: Oh btw. is there a Possibility to learn the New Spells as a Sorcerer?
    Wutan1988 wrote: »
    Hi i would like to include your Mod in my next BG2EE Run cause it looks very interesting and i am particularly interested in the New Spells and i really like that there is a Weapon Upgrade included which addresses the lack of Lategame Barbarian Exclusive Equipment. Looking at the Silver Dragon Blade.

I would like to make a request if i may:

Would it be possible that you include the Cloak of the Gargoyle from SoD to the Items being able to import to BG2?

Since Monks don't get Protection from Crits through Ioun Stones anymore it is pretty much the only Item being able to do that and on higher Difficulty especially with SCS it would make the Monk a bit more viable again.

Maybe you could put it in one of Rasaads Quest Areas?

In General i think it would be nice to see some more Monk Related Items in the Game.

I look forward to play your Mod as soon as my BG1+SoD Run is concluded.

Cheers :)

Edit: Oh btw. is there a Possibility to learn the New Spells as a Sorcerer?

Can't make any promises on the cloak, but as far as the spells go, for the next update I've added a few more and they are properly added to the IDS table so sorcs can learn them.
    StummvonBordwehrWutan1988
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    You can do it! Alleluia!
    Adam_en_tium
    Thank for the vote of confidence!
    Adam_en_tium
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    @Daeros_Trollkiller I am checking this thread regularly and I'm sure I'm far from the only one. Hope the dialog editing gets easier. I've got to ask though, there have been a couple of comments about monk items that you haven't responded to - totally OK since you are not spoiling surprises. But, to keep spoilers to a minimum, do monks get any love in 1.3? ;)

Excited for the mod, can't wait to see what's in store! You can do it!
    Adam_en_tium
    @Daeros_Trollkiller I am checking this thread regularly and I'm sure I'm far from the only one. Hope the dialog editing gets easier. I've got to ask though, there have been a couple of comments about monk items that you haven't responded to - totally OK since you are not spoiling surprises. But, to keep spoilers to a minimum, do monks get any love in 1.3? ;)

Excited for the mod, can't wait to see what's in store! You can do it!

Thank you for your interest in my mod! You're right, I don't like to spoil things, but I will say this:

Outside of the water damage that happened to my home (that still hasn't been repaired as of yet), one of the biggest reasons this is taking so long is that I am trying to make sure gaps are filled and the "love" is spread more evenly.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovTimbo0o0o0Adam_en_tium
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 57
    Great work with this Daeros, looking forward to 1.3. The force-import function is a godsend.

Feature request: would it be possible to randomize whether the voidhammer or voidsword is added? Going back to change just that component is burdensome for a mod installed before SCS.

I'm not convinced this isn't a big dose of powercreep, but unlike Item Upgrade you aren't throwing +5 weapons around 20 minutes into act 2.

If in the future this morphs from SOD item upgrade to Item Upgrade 2.0, I hope you continue to look at shields. Egons +4 is good, enough that it is conceivably worth using instead of an offhand weapon. One or two more pushed similarly hard would be nice.
    StummvonBordwehrAdam_en_tium
    edited March 2021
    Fishmalk_1 wrote: »
    Great work with this Daeros, looking forward to 1.3. The force-import function is a godsend.

Feature request: would it be possible to randomize whether the voidhammer or voidsword is added? Going back to change just that component is burdensome for a mod installed before SCS.

I'm not convinced this isn't a big dose of powercreep, but unlike Item Upgrade you aren't throwing +5 weapons around 20 minutes into act 2.

If in the future this morphs from SOD item upgrade to Item Upgrade 2.0, I hope you continue to look at shields. Egons +4 is good, enough that it is conceivably worth using instead of an offhand weapon. One or two more pushed similarly hard would be nice.

Ironically enough, randomization of some things is something I am already adding into 1.3, and I can see your point about the voidsword and hammer. Shouldn't be much of an issue to add that as an option. Thank you for the feedback!

**** added note: For those of you who balk at the idea of randomization, I'm using it sparsely, in ways that make sense (to me), and if you *really* want a specific item, it wont be hard to metagame it by reloading a save. In most cases, it's going to be a 50/50 chance of one item over another.
    Post edited by Daeros_Trollkiller on
    Adam_en_tiumStummvonBordwehr