Dixie Normus
    Hardlog Morningwood
    Hardwood McCane
    Stiffywood Longstaff
    Limpy Shortstaff
    Softwood the Impotent
    Hardboned the Crotchpounder

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I have used Montresor (my screen name at Sorcerer's Place - taken from Edgar Allan Poe's The Cask of Amontillado) in a lot of games, and Montressa for female protagonists.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    For a fighter-type character this is my inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    I use Necdilzor... my nickname since 2007.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Thunder

"Bolt Vanderhuge" and "Butch Deadlift" were my favorites.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited October 2012
    I often use Adahn or Yemeth when I can't think of one...Adahn for martial types and Yemeth for casters.
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    Talira is the name I use most commonly, though I occasionally shorten it to Tali. I also use Elaine more recently.

The guy who introduced me to Baldur's Gate was named Bruce, his characters were always named Ecurb.
  • Prince_DamienPrince_Damien Member Posts: 18
    Names I pick base alot around what race and history/class they are.
    I wonder if they improved BG1 by adding stuff that came later in BG2, like dual wielding and more races. Was hoping I could do a runthough the whole BG serie with 1 char. But if they havnt, I might make a new one for BG2 with a different name.
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    Wouldn't it be cool for some generate character name function?
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    There is a D&D name generator on the official wizards of the coast website.
  • TarquinTarquin Member Posts: 41
    Tarquin.
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Rann Atara for fighter types and Mayhap Shadowmask for rogues (I rarely if ever play spellcasters).
  • KouTheMadKouTheMad Member Posts: 77
    Aohd

The Celtic God of Fire
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Honestly a lot of the time I just spaz out all over the keyboard, delete whatever I typed, and then use the first 'name' the mess of letters reminded me of at a glance. My four main PCs are Samora the elven wild mage, Eviare the human paladin, Xelian the human bard, and Asdofel the halfling assassin. There was one time I played a bhaalspawn that was based on a certain character from pokemon, but I would rather not talk about that, even if they did make the most adorable beastmaster ever.
  • PainbringerPainbringer Member Posts: 17
    mine char will be - Myrkul the Bane
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    so i googled "my name in elvish" and came across a Elf Name Generator. My Elf name is Aerandir, but im going for a human Kensai so im not sure thats going to work!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

@shawne those are some good names, feels very BG like.

Thanks! :)