Skip to content

How do I open the radial menu needing a numpad 0, on a laptop without a numpad.

Well met.

I am using a MacBook Pro. Started a game, but to open the radial menu on myself I need to press numpad 0. No numpad on a laptop.

Went to control options, click on the numpad 0 option to replace with another key. Click and the image is replaced with a blue fog background, with text in red. Press a replacement key, and nothing binds, nothing happens.

I think the only way to do this would be adding some replacement key script to the settings.tml file. Or how have other MacBook Pro owners got around this. Looking forward very much to playing the Enhanced Edition., and contributing to this thriving and enthusiastic community.

A pearl to you in advance for your wisdom.

Comments

• XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    Right click mouse, then move the pointer through the radial nested categories - you can also (I think) assign an action to the command bar at the bottom via doing the same while opening the menu over an empty slot.
  • PhytePhyte Member Posts: 7
    Well met.

Thank you Xorina. Appreciate your time in reading and replying. Unfortunately I am on mac, so no right click, and I am a MacBook Pro which is a laptop so no mouse. Right click on a peecee is option click on a mac, so back to the same problem. No radial menu appears.

The controls option says that 'radial menu on self' is on numpad 0, but again, I am on a laptop which has no numpad. And I can not assign another key. Tried but it just does not bind.

A pearl to you for your efforts.
  • PhytePhyte Member Posts: 7
    Well met.

Solved. And description here for other paladins using a MacBook Pro, or mac laptop. Or *spit* peecee.

In the original game, the redial menu can be made visible by option click. This does not work in this truly amazing enhanced edition. In the controls I saw that 'radial menu on self' could be bought up with pressing numpad 0, but no numpad on a laptop. My mistake was tring to reassign the option key to this function. It did not bind, so I thought the whole binding thing was awry.

Got a pen and paper out, and when through all the controls, noting what keys had already been assigned. Of course, option was assigned to something else so it logically was telling me it would not bind to another key. Found that z was not used anywhere, and z was right about my option key. Too easy. Tried to bind z, and it worked perfectly, as does the rest of this game.

Beamdog and his team have put a huge amount of time, and quality control, into this port. And of course, keeps Neverwinter thriving as it deserves. A pint of ale to all, amazing show in my book.

It is only with the help of others that we can achieve great things, and it is only the praise of others that keeps each of us trying to achieve those great things.

Many thanks to the community here.
  • WayfarerWayfarer Member Posts: 1
    Right-click [2-finger click on trackpad] works well for me on my MacBook Pro...