Skip to content

Holy Symbol of.. and Thief UAI

Can a thief with UAI equip one of the Holy Symbol of.. Rings obtained by a lv 25 cleric?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yup
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    This one's a "yes, but". Yes, you can do it. But you only get one of those per cleric, and if you've taken a cleric to epic levels, why isn't that cleric using the holy symbol? Even in ToB, that much experience requires that the character spend considerable time with the party.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    STR boost for backstabs perhaps?
  • imnotgodimnotgod Member Posts: 27
    I was planning to take Viconia but drop her for Sarevok in time. Figured she could reach lv 25 before ToB.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited February 2021
    One technical detail to note: the Shar holy symbol has a "Viconia only" restriction. This is not a problem; while UAI won't help you with most NPC-specific items, it will nullify the restrictions on Jaheira's Harper Pin, Viconia's Holy Symbol of Shar, and Aerie's Holy Symbol of Baervan Wildwanderer.

Oh, and yes, you will reach that level before ToB. Even in my first runs, before I started exploiting the XP system to really push my parties ahead, the party was at more than 4 million XP entering ToB. Really, the worst issues with what you're planning are that Sarevok doesn't fill the same party role(s) that Viconia does, and that Sarevok will be a couple million XP behind the rest of the party.
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • imnotgodimnotgod Member Posts: 27
    I'll have Aerie and Jaheira for my cleric needs, so if anything Viconia is just gonna be overkill - but still plan to level her up just for the Holy Symbol. I'll switch npcs around so only charname and Jaheira are going to be super high level come TOB.