Skip to content

Can’t stop loving this game, so...

I’ve always played EE on iOS (portability is amazing), but after watching a few SCS runs on YouTube now I’d like to try this experience. What I’m asking is which version of the game do I have to install to patch the game with SCS? GoG, Steam or the patch works with every version of the game?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Any version. As long as you can get to the game files, you can apply mods to them.
  • kaisch006kaisch006 Member Posts: 8
    Also definitely look into shadow keeper EE! It allows you to tweak every aspect of your character AND NPCs. Yes you can use it to cheat but for me i will change the kit or proficiencies if npcs (you can change class but I like keeping their theme the same) so they can match what I need for my group. So if you want mazzy as an archer you can lower her short sword prof and put the pips into short bow etc. This coupled with SCS is why I would never consider playing the game on console.

Also, SCS will definitely change your experience especially when dealing with mages but don’t think you need to turn every option on (for instance I don’t instal the fine arrows optionS). During the instal you can select what to install and what not to and their read me / webpage has detailed information for each subject.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,351
    edited March 2021
    You should mod your game. It’s not easy:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66644/how-to-install-mods-on-ios-devices-no-jailbreak#latest
    But manageable still.
    The latest SCS version works fine - and most other mods
    https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/scs/

You can’t use the keeper system on iOS. It can’t identify the save games when extracted - as far as I know at least.

But you can use the console. There is a link to how and what to do in the first linked post (how to install....).

Ps. The method for modding is a bit cumbersome. Hope is that this will change in the 2.6 patch (the NWN versions of the game are much easier to mod).
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on