Skip to content

Side with Faldorn at Tradesmeet?

tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
I recently finished this quest (with Cernd killing Faldorn), and was left unsatisfied that there were no alternatives in which Faldorn lives (let alone joins you again). I was a Faldorn fan in my BGEE playthrough and while I liked that she became a villain in BG2, I didn't like the lack of flexibility in how things unfolded. I'm playing an evil party and wouldn't have minded if Faldorn killed Cernd.

I came across this great thread from 8 years ago, and I'm wondering if any progress has been made? Anyone know of any mods that alter Faldorn's story in BG2?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/5785/helping-faldorn-destroy-trademeet-in-bg2
BlackbɨrdKamigoroshiJuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess

Comments

• BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Good question. An evil option which doesn't involve poisoning the druid grove would have been interesting.

Likewise, I always thought that an option to side with the Unseeing Eye would have been cool and was missing from the game, you could destroy the temples up top for the cultists/Gaal. Even if you could give the rod to Gaal and help the Unseeing Eye conquer the above city.
    tl1942JuliusBorisov
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited September 2020
    The mod BG1 NPCs for SoA lets you do this, and let you take Faldorn along, I think someone made it compatible with EE too, though I didn’t try it recently. A bit wacky, but there’s some fun stuff in there.

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=c28296aa6044cb4c78259a95a2c05e2e&topic=8355.0
    StummvonBordwehrtl1942JuliusBorisov
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    Wow, and EET compatible too! This is awesome, maybe exactly what I was looking for! Thanks :)
    Mantis37
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    edited February 2021
    Mantis37 wrote: »
    The mod BG1 NPCs for SoA lets you do this, and let you take Faldorn along, I think someone made it compatible with EE too, though I didn’t try it recently. A bit wacky, but there’s some fun stuff in there.

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=c28296aa6044cb4c78259a95a2c05e2e&topic=8355.0
    Yes, it was me :) The Faldorn component in this mod allows you to:
    - destroy Trademeet on the Faldorn side (to kill all the inhabitants), but this option is more straightforward, so I recommend the second, more fun and full of black humor
    - offer Faldorn to blockade the city. As a result, many dogs and other animals will settle throughout the city, and the townspeople will have a LOT of funny remarks about this :)

You can also take Faldorn to the party (in any case, even with the classic solution), she has dialogues with other NPCs and (now) even dialogues in ToB and her own epilogue.
    JuliusBorisovFrozenCellsMantis37tl1942
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Austin87 wrote: »
    Mantis37 wrote: »

Yes, it was me :) The Faldorn component in this mod allows you to:
    - destroy Trademeet on the Faldorn side (to kill all the inhabitants), but this option is more straightforward, so I recommend the second, more fun and full of black humor
    - offer Faldorn to blockade the city. As a result, many dogs and other animals will settle throughout the city, and the townspeople will have a LOT of funny remarks about this :)

You can also take Faldorn to the party (in any case, even with the classic solution), she has dialogues with other NPCs and (now) even dialogues in ToB and her own epilogue.

That's awesome. I always liked Faldorn and that sounds like a great resolution to the Trademeet quest.
    semiticgoddesstl1942
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited February 2021
    @Austin87 I'm in the middle of an EET playthrough with your mod right now, and I have to say it is utterly brilliant!! This is by far one of the single best mods I've ever tried, and now I consider it 100% essential. It brings the games together and truly deepens the overall experience. I'm having so much fun encountering characters from BG1(recently finished the brilliant Xzar and Montaron questline).

Bravo!!

BTW I greatly appreciate the constant updates and fixes you've been doing at the Baldur's Gate mods forum. I tried to register to post there several months ago, but unfortunately it looks like the moderator(s) are no longer approving new registrations for the forum.

edited March 2021
    tl1942 wrote: »
    @Austin87 I'm in the middle of an EET playthrough with your mod right now, and I have to say it is utterly brilliant!! This is by far one of the single best mods I've ever tried, and now I consider it 100% essential. It brings the games together and truly deepens the overall experience. I'm having so much fun encountering characters from BG1(recently finished the brilliant Xzar and Montaron questline).

Bravo!!
    Hello! Thank you very much for your feedback! :) But I must immediately clarify that the main author of the mod is Smiling Imp! I just improved it and added EE-EET compatibility to it, and now I'm writing new content where the original author did not have time to finish what was planned. For example, I wrote epilogues for all the NPC, some dialogues and texts, but the main work on creating the texts was done by Smiling Imp!

Post edited by Austin87 on
    tl1942
    edited March 2021
    Hello! The mod has been seriously updated and improved, and now the Faldorn component and the "evil" solution in Trademeet will work much better! If you are planning to destroy or blockade Trademeet (which is more fun), then use the new version of the mod - v12!

baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8355.msg78879#msg78879
    Post edited by Austin87 on
    Angulimala