Skip to content

Seeking adventure!

Hello folks. I'm a returning player from many moons ago and would love to find a new home on a groovy PW. I have a little list of things that would determine if I'm the right player for your world. (Any of these can be compromised.)

- medium RP. I prefer people staying in-character and developing stories but really want some action too.
- not many restrictions. I will confess to being a bit of a power-gamer. I create the guy I want to play as well as I can but the concept comes first.
- medium to fast xp.
- any level cap is fine. I enjoy medium-level characters just as much as high-level.
- high or low magic just means building characters differently
- preferably not a huge player base. I'm after a good social group where I can make some D&D friends.
- AND of course... awesome DMs. Easy-going and helpful. Custom quests to help progress a personal story is what I'm after more than anything else I have asked for.

If you think your realm has room for one more please let me know.

NOTE: I may need some help setting up required add-ons and files.

Thankyou :) We may end up battling beside each other soon.

Comments

• SnottlingSnottling Member Posts: 85
    edited March 2021
    Greetings. I run a small server for a small circle of friends that used to play on the same server back in 2003. We're 6-7 guys with a lot of D&D knowledge and we're here to have fun.

- Medium RP. Yeah, we're a bit like that too. We like to go on adventure while staying IC. We're IC most of the time, but sometimes you just want some action while RPing some.
    - Restrictions. We have few. Like, no RDDs, No PDKs, No Drow.
    - Medium XP. The XP is slow to medium. About 20 XP for a level appropriate kill. But may time more, if in a group with Party XP Bonus.
    - Level cap. It's 21.
    - Magic. Low to Medium magic.
    - Player base. 6-7 as I said.
    - Awesome DMs. Of course. We have two DMs. Me and Rob. We run events and stuff now and then. In fact, this Saturday (13th) I'm running an event. We're all gonna be there (I hope).

So the setting is the city of Mulmaster, situated on the southern Moonsea coast, and the surrounds. It's mainly an Evil city, but playing the underdog is fun. We have a few Evil PCs but most are Good/ Neutral.
    It's an RP and Story world, with some 50 odd quests.

If it sounds good to you, come have a look. :)

The files needed are on Steam. Just subscribe, wait a bit, and join our awesome world. :P

Join our Discord for more info, or assistance: https://discord.gg/T5UwDqT

-Snottling
  • Tactic2178Tactic2178 Member Posts: 7
    Sounds great!

I dont have discord. how do i subscribe to steam? i have a steam account (its where i got this game) can i get the files manually if its a discord-only thing?

2 more things...I'm an Aussie. my times may be different to yours. and, I need to try out the server for testing the lag.
    and... I really want to bring a friend along who is very new to D&D. If they can get some help I'm sure you'll like my friend

thankyou!
    Well, our discord server is text only, just a lot of info and a place where we can plan sessions, but no pressure. No Discord needed for the files.

Steam Workshop. do a search for Mulmaster, then click "subscribe" when you've found it. Wait for it to download, then you're good to go.

Server name. Mulmaster, City of Danger. No password.

Well, if being an Aussie was an issue, then my mate Rob wouldn't be playing and DMing :) For him there's little to no lag, but it depends on your connection, of course.

You and your friend are very welcome, mate.

-Snottling
    I look forward to seeing you soon. (I wont start up until its a better time to play without interruption)

groovy stuff.
    Snottling
    Just jumped in to try out. a bit laggy but not enough to be a problem. love the look of the place! let me know if there's a forum or such aside from discord.

Thankyou for the invite. I'm going to like this.

I saw you in game but I am so old at this i could hardly manage chat :(
    Glad you like it. Sorry, no forum, only text based Discord. No voice chat. You should get it as it's a great way of staying in the know.

Anyway, good to meet you. :) Welcome!

-Snottling
    for those who havent tried it Mulmaster is awesome. cool place in a big city with active DM events. some of the best people i have met in ages. had an excellent session last night.

come play. speak to anyone online and i bet they will help you like they helped me.
    Maleficents_Kiss