Skip to content

Favorite NPC Mod

2»

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I really liked Valen. Despite her being ridiculously overtuned, I just thought she was neat and the art for her portrait was pretty (hence the profile pic.) Honestly I would trade Hexxat for an official Valen release.

Minus the stupid Van Helsing battle though, please...
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2019
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    I really liked Valen. Despite her being ridiculously overtuned, I just thought she was neat and the art for her portrait was pretty (hence the profile pic.) Honestly I would trade Hexxat for an official Valen release.

Minus the stupid Van Helsing battle though, please...

I just finished an evil playthrough with Valen in EET. She mostly works, except her Van Helsing battle didn't work for me. The undead hunters spawned then immediately left the area. Valen's interjections and AI script worked. Still wish I could use Solaufein though...

Also a big fan of Angelo, despite some canon conflicts. Fits well in a roguish ne'er do well ensemble.

Looking forward to playing with Sirene in my next goody two shoes playthrough.

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Solaufein, not EE compatible, Tashia and Keto are the ones i prefer.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Gabeg21 wrote: »
    My favorite is Fade. I like her story, her sense of humor and her romance.

Same here, Fade is my favorite of all the BG2 NPC mods that I've played.

She has EVERYTHING you could want in an NPC mod IMO - a colorful personality, a deep and detailed backstory, and a ton of added content. The mod does an especially great job of fleshing out and expanding upon the Guarded Compound and the final Bodhi encounter.

Sirene and Minyae are probably my 2nd and 3rd favorite mods that I've played.

Some of the other mods that deserve consideration on this list are Angelo (just the items alone that you get make it worth installing) and Keto (no romance or ToB content, but you get a very colorful character with a ton of witty banter).
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Wohoo! Thread resurrection!

While i really appreciate Isra, both for the content and character.. it has one major issue for me.
    The voice set.
    The audio recordings for Isra are just too jarring for me, the voice itself is ok but the sound is so unclean and its a different volume that the originals.. really pulls it down from 9/10 to a score of 7.5/10

Fade on the other hand is just great quality from start to finish.
    While i apprecate the modders writing and implementing their npc how they envision them, i find a single class thief a bit weak.
    I use shadowkeeper to turn her into a fighter/thief to get a little more kick out of her.

Easily my favorite modded npc and a 8.5/10.. would be 10/10 if she had a better portrait (more in style of BG portraits) and she was a fighter/thief out of the box.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Yay, it's necromancy week! :)

I'll agree with what @Balrog99 said on the first page, almost two years ago. Weimer's Solaufein back in the days. He would have been overpowered if there hadn't been those super tough fights. I once had a bunch of those nasty drow turn up at the same time as Dermin and his harpers... won't ever forget that.
    Besides, his super powers made Ascension a little less difficult, and, big plus for female players like me, he was about the only reasonable romance alternative to Anomen back then.

For the EEs, I haven't used too many NPC mods yet, but I liked Isra and Sirene.