Skip to content

Where is Scar?

I could use a little help please:
So, I'm in the big city now. At the gates Scar gave me that "Seven Suns" quest. When I came to that area later I went to the Flaming Fist HQ first. Talked to him a bit inside, he went out, talked to him a bit outside, he presented me to Duke Eltan who gave me another quest...
Now Scar seems to have disappeared. I've dealt with the Seven Suns now but can't find him anywhere to finish the quest. Looked everywhere inside and outside of HQ, maybe close to Seven Suns, maybe close to Iron Throne, maybe back at the bridge, but no Scar... where might he be?

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I could use a little help please:
    So, I'm in the big city now. At the gates Scar gave me that "Seven Suns" quest. When I came to that area later I went to the Flaming Fist HQ first. Talked to him a bit inside, he went out, talked to him a bit outside, he presented me to Duke Eltan who gave me another quest...
    Now Scar seems to have disappeared. I've dealt with the Seven Suns now but can't find him anywhere to finish the quest. Looked everywhere inside and outside of HQ, maybe close to Seven Suns, maybe close to Iron Throne, maybe back at the bridge, but no Scar... where might he be?

He should either be inside or in front of the FF headquarters, depending on the quests you have done for him and Eltan

Are you sure that you finished the Seven Suns, that is, were you in the basement, too?
  • LelandGauntLelandGaunt Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2021
    Positive. Have cleared out the whole place, first floor, upstairs, downstairs, no more doppelgangers, freed that Jhasso fella...
    Checked back at the HQ 3 times now to see if maybe Scar's presence there might somehow be tied to daytime or something, but no matter if day or night, no Scar, just Tiax, and a bunch of commoners by day (also checked the 3 floors inside of course)...
    I hadn't done one single quest for him before that, that's what I found so irritating because IIRC don't you get another quest from him after the Seven Suns affair?
    Edit: could it be that he's maybe somehow just "gone for a while" and returns if I clear the Iron Throne building for Eltan or so?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Could you attach your save?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Once you talk to Eltan and accept the Iron Throne mission, Scar leaves. Permanently. This isn't a glitch.
    Okay, so he's gone for good then? Hmm alright, that kinda sucks... do I miss something special if I can't finish that Seven Suns quest and the following one? Losing some XP, gold and rep doesn't really matter too much, plenty enough of that stuff around, but some unique equipment rewards or anything?
    Anyway, thank you all for your help!
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    No equipment. Just the XP, gold, and reputation for Scar's quests.

OK, there's some treasure to find in the Seven Suns basement and the sewers - but nothing unique, and you can go there anyway.
    Been there, done that^^ like I said Seven Suns building was cleared and the sewers were already looted earlier when that neuromancer dude was looking for a corpse.
    Good to know that nothing really "important" was lost, that's comforting, so thanks again!
    But still, even if this might not strictly be a "glitch" per se, if some of the devs might read this, maybe something worth fixing for that upcoming 2.6 thing? Doesn't seem to make too much sense that Scar leaves the game even with all his business "unfinished" ;)
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I think it was probably intended to do the Seven Suns for Scar before he sends you to Eltan. He goes outside after you get the Seven Suns quest, and you talked to him again after going outside. The game probably assumes you'll only talk to him again there after doing the quest. It seems to be scripted that him sending you to Duke Eltan is triggered by "talk to him again when he's outside", not by finishing the Seven Suns quest and going back to him then.

I encountered a comparable issue during my first playthrough when I went into the Iron Throne building for Eltan. No spoilers as I don't know how much you know, but I'd recommend not going back to Eltan to report until you've seen everything you want in that building. I went to him for an update on the investigation before going to the upper floor, and the quest ended and a certain event triggered that made it impossible to go back. Keep that in mind when you go there.
    Thanks for that hint, but I've already finished the game once and although in general I have a terrible memory when it comes to details, I do remember that reporting back to Eltan is kind of a point-of-no-return (that one caught me a little unawares the first time). I closed the Iron Throne business down yesterday night, but before returning to Eltan I'll now finish some other stuff before
    going home to Candlekeep. And this time I won't take the ring from that suspicious Koveras fella. Damn, the first time I was there that name seemed so awfully familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it, silly me ;)
    And yeah, the next time I'll just deal with the Seven Suns before heading to Flaming Fist HQ. Did that on my first playthrough, this time I just wanted to mix things up a bit, see if I might get some additional info about the task or something, didn't work out quite as intended :smiley: