Skip to content

Jaheira and Terminsel the second

How long do I have to wait in real time for Terminsel to appear in EE? Do I have to let some in-game days pass as well?

Thanks!

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    Don't know exactly, i think it's hours upon hours of real time. I don't think that any in-game days have to pass.

It has been envisioned that this event happens in chapter 6. The time should be passing while you're in the Underdark etc. :)
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Damn, I thought it had been reduced for EE :-(
    why would you have to have it happen in chapter 2 or 3? just wait till you come out.
    edited January 2014
    Well, I don't want her in my party, I just dragged her along at the beginning until I dual classed to cleric and didn't need her any longer. In the mean time her quest has started and silly me, I kind of feel bad telling her to bugger off before terminsel tells her all is ok. But dragging her all the way to the under dark and back? No way :-)
    Ok I just experienced it so just for all of you google searchers out there with my same question: In BG2 EE, Terminsel only takes 1 hour of real time to appear the second time in Jaheira's quest :-)

Thank you Beamdog!

And thanks @bob_veng for noticing the thread :-)
    oh cool, so they did shorten it
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Ah, maybe I will wait this time. I do her quest up to a certain point each time simply for the caster ring. No reason why you wouldn't want that.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    You're right :) ! The timer has been set to 3600 seconds, whether you're romancing Jaheira or not. In BG2, you had to wait longer if not!

For those interested, the relevant code for this (jaheira.bcs):
    IF
    Global("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",9)
    OR(2)
    Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",10)
    SetGlobal("TerminselSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
    RealSetGlobalTimer("TerminselAppear","GLOBAL",3600)
    END
  • biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    Sry to revive an old thread. I run into a similar problem of Terminsel not spawning after the last lovetalk with Jaheira. I waited for over 3 hours real time and still nothing. What should I do?
    I think my problem could be that he spawned somewhere and I left too fast to be able to talk to him as my TerminselSpawn GLOBAL was at 5. But some some reason my DerminSpawin was at 7....
    I changed them and he spawned. But very disappointing to have to use Eekeeper.
  • LelandGauntLelandGaunt Member Posts: 83
    Iirc resting somewhere in the wilderness is a good way to trigger these encounters. The first time he came to me was after a rest somewhere in the Umar Hills forest, the second time after resting in the outdoor area of Windspear Hills. But yeah, sure took quite a while to even get to those parts of the game, guess old man Terminsel isn't the fastest fella in the realms these days...
    But if one doesn't really plan to keep Jaheira around for the long run waiting for these encounters might not really be worth it as the Harper Needle reward is a Jaheira-exclusive item. On the other hand, if you're quick and have a competent cutpurse around, you can of course pick a lot of nice protection jewelry out of Terminsel's pockets. Twice ;)
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The Harper Pin isn't as Jaheira-exclusive as it seems; anyone with Use Any Item can wear it too. Jaheira's still the best choice for it if you're keeping her around, because she needs the massive spell save boost more than a rogue would.

But if she's not staying - well, my no-spellcasting run had Haer'Dalis wear the Harper Pin. Except when he got silenced and needed to borrow the Amulet of Power.
    Riiight, completely forgot about good ol' awesome UAI which of course can make the Harper Pin (not Harper Needle d'oh^^) available to some non-Jaheira-characters, my bad.
    But while we're at it: I've never tried it before, but does UAI also deal with "restricted to evil/good" items? Might become potentially relevant if I'll make an all-neutral BG2 party someday...
    edited March 2021
    Yes, UAI deals with alignment restrictions. At sufficiently high level, which archmage robes Jan wears is nothing but a fashion choice.

There are two things UAI won't cover - stat requirements (if you're too weak to wear that armor, rogue tricks won't help) and the NPC-only items enumerated in ITEM_USE.2da. For standard BG2 characters, only items they start with appear here.
    Sweeet, so now I'll just need to find a way to dual Wilson to a grizzly -> thief, teach him how to hold a two-hander in his paws and then it's showtime down at the amazing and bearific Carsomyr Circus :smiley:
    I managed to get Terminsel to work trigger resting in the Druid grove. Good point about UAI and the Pin.
    Sweeet, so now I'll just need to find a way to dual Wilson to a grizzly -> thief, teach him how to hold a two-hander in his paws and then it's showtime down at the amazing and bearific Carsomyr Circus :smiley:

Out of morbid curiosity, I tried this.

First obstacle: Wilson only has 9 Dex. Very well, give him a permanent Dex boost.

Second obstacle: The "grizzly bear" kit isn't allowed to dual. Very well, force it with EEKeeper.

Third obstacle: attempt to level up as a thief, get an error message. "This character is equipped with items that it can no longer use, but cannot drop". Dismiss it, error message comes back. There's no way to get out of that level-up screen except to quit. Oops.

And that's where I stopped.
    Hahaha I would've been rather surprised if something like that could actually work, but hey, nice try nonetheless!
    But oh well, think I'll carry the fuzzy fella around the next time anyway, even if he can't wield the holy avenger^^