Skip to content

Two of Jaheria's quests not advancing - Bug?

blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
So I'm having trouble with two of Jaheria's quests:

'Summoned to the Harper Hold' - I ran into Xzar and completed that quest, Xzar gets killed. Meronia doesn't appear though. Looks like there is a workaround there by using the consol, so I've tried that, but then Jaheria doesn't seem to return! I rested several times and she doesn't appear.

"Save Jaheria" - so I went to the Sea Bounty and ran into Ployer. After talking to Bernard, I went to the house in the slums (nothing indicated I should go to the Council of Six Building). Encountered Ployer, killed him and his three mages and got the loch of hair. There's an interaction when we first walk in, but nothing after. I've rested for 24 hours. Nothing. The journal entry is still unchanged from after speaking with Bernard. One thing I noticed though is that despite her supposedly dying, both before and after meeting Ployer at his house, her stats are fine. I looked in EEKeper at the Global Variables from saves before and after the encounter. JAHEIRACURSED goes from 2 to 8. Anything I can change in the console or via EEKeeper that might let me clear the quest in my journal?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    If you're in the romance, Meronia doesn't show up until after the bandit event (triggered by sleeping outdoors). That one might be functioning normally. Except for the "not returning" part, which is probably from you not setting necessary timer variables when you forced it.
    For Jaheira to return after leaving with Meronia, the party must rest, the global timer variable JaheiraReturn must be expired, and the tracking variable JaheiraReturns must be zero or nonexistant.

The "JaheiraCursed" variable is supposed to be 8 when you kill Ployer. That sounds like all you're missing is the conversation after the fight. The requirements to trigger that conversation:
    - Ployer is dead
    - You have the hair
    - JaheiraCursed is 8

The conversation itself grants some experience (21250), sets JaheiraCursed to 10, and closes the journal entry.

If it isn't coming up, don't sweat it. There are no negative consequences to not having that conversation.
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
    I've loaded a bunch of mods, so maybe I messed something up. I don't THINK I'm in a romance with Jaheria, I'm playing a female half-elf and I don't believe I set the tweak to allow same sex romances. Is there a variable that tells you if a romance is happening?
  • BertleBertle Member Posts: 49
    "JaheiraRomanceActive" is the variable that tells you if the romance is happening. If it is 1 then you are in a non-committed romance, if it is 2 you are in a committed romance, and if it is 3 the romance is dead.