Skip to content

Royal High Priestess Senityili dies after accepting Prince Villynaty's plan?

After you speak to Prince Villynaty (SAHPR2.CRE) and accept his plan of taking the fake heart to the king, one second after the dialogue ends, Priestess Senityili (SAHPR1.CRE) will die. The console will simply say "Royal High Priestess Senityili: Death."

I'm trying to figure out whether this is a bug, and I think I found the part of the area script (AR2300.BCS) that makes her die:

IF
    OR(2)
        GlobalGT("villynatyjob","GLOBAL",0)
        Dead("sahpr2") // Prince Villynaty
    Global("SpawnPointsGone","AR2300",0) // Sahuagin City
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("SpawnPointsGone","AR2300",1) // Sahuagin City
        ActionOverride("sahpr1",Kill(Myself))
        ActionOverride("sahpr3",Kill(Myself))
        SpawnPtDeactivate("SpawnPoint1")
        SpawnPtDeactivate("SpawnPoint2")
        SpawnPtDeactivate("SpawnPoint3")
        SpawnPtDeactivate("SpawnPoint4")
        SpawnPtDeactivate("SpawnPoint5")
        SpawnPtDeactivate("SpawnPoint6")
        SpawnPtDeactivate("SpawnPoint7")
        SpawnPtDeactivate("SpawnPoint8")
END

The global variable "villynatyjob" is set to 1 after accepting his plan, so it makes this part of the script trigger. ("SpawnPointsGone" is set nowhere else.) But why would this kill the priestess who's sided with him? The other condition makes no sense either; why should she die when Prince Villynaty is dead? She even has dialogue states for both of these conditions; she can be mad at you for having killed him or praise you for completing the rebel plan.

Comments

• TaylanTaylan Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2021
    Some further information about this... Also to be found in my comments on this page: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Underwater_City

After you take the fake heart to the king, there's a part of the dialogue triggered only if the High Priestess is still alive. This further indicates that she shouldn't unconditionally die after you receive the fake heart. However, what happens then is that the king says "I knew I couldn't trust her, I had Senityili killed" and once again it triggers her to die...

Honestly I'm beginning to think that someone got very confused while programming the whole Sahuagin city's story options and messed up a number of scripts.

I fixed(?) both the area script and the dialogue via NearInfinity so that Senityili stays alive.

While I was at it, I also made the merchant Priestess not turn hostile... There's no indication that she's closely allied with the king, and all the other guards don't turn hostile, so why should she. Changed her class script from SAHENEMY to SAHCITY through by editing the Actors section of AR2300.ARE, not sure if NearInfinity really changed it in that file or in her CRE file (SAHPR5). EDIT: That doesn't actually seem to have done the job... still trying to figure out how to make her not turn hostile so I can still shop from her. :P EDIT2: I had to make the change in my SAV file, since it contained a copy of AR2300.ARE with SAHPR5 embedded in it.
    Post edited by Taylan on